31. HER DEFIANCE

" 𝑰𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒏𝒐 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒗𝒂𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒃𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒉𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒕 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒔. "

______

" 𝑹𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒂𝒔𝒌 𝒇𝒐𝒓, 𝒃𝒖𝒚 𝒐𝒓 𝒃𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒘. 𝑹𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒏 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒐𝒏 𝒏𝒐 𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌𝒈𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒓 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒕𝒖𝒔. "

MAYA POV

Numbness. Anguish. Misery. Bitterness.
How can someone be so heartless like this? I pleaded. I apologised. I had faith in him that he wouldn't hurt me. But he did.

Defiance. Rebellious. Stubbornness.
That is only what he will get from me now. I'll show him that I'm not the weak person he thinks I am. I'll always go against him. I'll never adhere to his stupid rules ever again.

I'll go to that packhouse, I'll invite anybody I want to come over, I'll do anything I want to do. I'm not the one that betrayed him so why would I bear the consequences. I refuse to be a victim of his revenge.

The pain of my wound has subsided thanks to the pain killer. I haven't seen him since yesterday, I wonder where he is.
Today, I'm going to that packhouse as the Luna and not as some pathetic mate of the Alpha.

Nathaniel Sanchester, I'll defy you forever.

I stripped off my clothes in the bathroom, and also removed my bandage too. The pain in my heart is greater than any pain right now. I'm done with shedding tears, I'll fight for what is rightfully mine. I demand respect from him and he must respect me.

SND. Tracing my fingers on his initials, memories of that horrible day flashed through my eyes. I'll make sure he gets my initials too. If I'm his property that he can brand anytime he likes, he can as well be my property too. We will own each other.

After having my bath, I wore a new bandage with huge difficulty. I'm done with the gowns and roses. My appearance today will define my spirit. I wore black ripped jeans and a black spaghetti singlet matching it with a black jacket and black boots.

From now on, I'll start wearing black till they make a darker colour.

I put my hair in a high ponytail and applied make-up. My final look in the mirror placed a satisfying smile on my face.
"Mr Taylor, take me to the packhouse" I ordered the driver making him glare at me in disapproval.
"Luna I'm sorry but I'm not permitted to do so" he replied with his face bowed down.

Okay, two can as well play the game. I know how to drive and that is a relief, I'll go by myself. I went towards him and grabbed the keys from his hands. His face held huge astonishment.

I entered the car and sped off. Thankfully, I've paid attention to the direction when we attended that ball. Surprisingly his guards didn't chase me.
I arrived at the packhouse, I don't have any friends here so I went straight to the playground. The kids were so happy to see me, I agreed to play games with them making all of them jump in excitement.

"Lulu, where is aunt rissa?" Marissa. She didn't even cross my mind once, how is she doing? Did she tell David about her pregnancy? I'll go visit her tomorrow.
"She wasn't able to make it today, but she said hi" I lied smoothly making them nod.