Friday night bites

I'm cleaning the dishes after the dinner when Damon comes in.

"One more" He says and I almost drop the glass but he catches it.

"Nice save" I say to him and smile. I fee like this is one of the moments where I smile because I want to and not because I don't want people to worry about me.

"I like you you know how to laugh. And you made Stefan smile which is something I haven't seen in a very long time" He says and smirks at me and I melt from the inside.

"Earlier did you mean Kathrine?" I ask him and he looks at me."Elena filled me in as long as we wear home" I say and he starts to say the story. "How did she die"

"Fire. Tragic Fire" He says ang goes to arrange the glasses.

"Recently?" I ask.

"It seems like it was yesterday"He says and I can feel he's uncomfortable.

"What was she like?" I ask wanting to make him feel better.

"You know your sister left out half of the story. I liked Kathrine but she had a sister who completely stole my hearth. Laura. She was beautiful, a lot like you in that department and complicated but she could be loving and when she smiled it was like the clouds rained sunshine" He says and smiles a little." Kathrine she was selfish but she didn't let anyone know about it till she used them" He says and I know it's bothering him a lot.

"So which one of you dated who?" I ask trying to make sense of it.

"Nice of you to do this, I dated Laura and he Katherine but ask Stefan Im sure he can enlighte you in better" I go to the kitchen counter and start to fold the napkins.

"You know you were amazing on cheerleading practice. Front line I should say congrats" He says and smirks.

"Thank you yeah I though if I joined summer cap and get front line I would forget and concrete on other things. It worked.....for a while......then it was sadness all over again."

"I'm sorry..... about Kathrine..... you lost her too" I can see it in his eyes that he's not used to apologies. I go to say something but Bonnie comes in.

"Hey need some help?" She asks.

"Sure why not" He says but he has a sad expression on his face, and I want nothing more than to take it away and replace it with that irresistible smirk he has. He walks in the living and asks Caroline.

"Why don't you go help Elena and Bonnie with the dishes" He says and Caroline agrees. What a hell. Caroline Forbes doing dishes. That's new.

"You know what I'm gonna see if Elena needs some help in the kitchen" She agrees. Stefan's about to speak up but I beat him to it.

"Since when do you have mind control?" I ask him and he chuckles but Stefan doesn't get the joke.

"Since forever. You mind helping Elena too I want to talk with my baby bro." He announces and go. I see Damon leave and I go up to my room where I see a flower and a little note attached there. I place the flower to my vase. It's the second rose.

"You didn't think I forgot did you?😃
By the way you were amazing on cheer practice."

Aww Damon why are you so sweet. And how did you even get it up here. I pull out my phone to text him.

R: When do you have time to put it here?

D: When you're not looking. I chuckle a bit

D: You want to go to the founders party with me?

R: aren't you supposed to go there with Caroline

D: she texted me and said that she doesn't want to go with me. Something about her mom finding out