3|~•~The end of the affair~•~

Rose didn't want to let go of Damon after what happened yesterday. She was afraid that the bad man would come back and hurt her again. When Damon saw the light puncture mark on her neck he assumed that whoever kidnapped her must have known Caroline was a vampire and must have thought Rose was one too when she tried to run. She was now peacefully sleeping in his bed curled up in ball underneath all of the blankets in her nightgown. He slipped out and went downstairs to grab a blood bag. After he was done eating he met up with Alaric in the town square.

"So is there a really good reason why you had to wake me up so early or what?"Ric asked sipping on his coffee to get him ready.

"Yeah since you saw last night what happened to Rose. You're babysitting"Damon told him. He hated that he had to leave his girlfriend with strangers but Damon knew Ric would take care of it. He needed to have his brother back.

"Okay please tell me she's not wearing dippers?"Ric asked jokingly but it only earned him a glare from Damon. "And anyway why aren't you the one who's babysitting?"

"Because we have a new lead on Stefan and as much as I hate doing this. I have to find my brother"Damon responded.

"Okay so what should I know, it's not exactly a normal babysitting since you know"

"Yeah well for lunch you can make her spaghetti and she takes a nap after lunch and if we aren't back for dinner yet then get some soup" Damon told him and handed him the same paper like he did to Caroline.

"Okay thanks" Ric said and they headed their way.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Rose was starting to get angry at Damon for leaving everyday to go somewhere but she had a telepathic connection to him and felt how much he missed his brother. It was the same like when she missed her sister.

Right now she was sitting in the Gilbert house on the carpet playing with the toys Damon brought with him that Caroline dropped off yesterday. Ric tried to start a conversation but even if she wanted to he couldn't hear her. But she kept the silent treatment for Damon.

Ric then kneeled behind her.

"Look I know your mad at Damon for going somewhere again but he's trying to get his brother back" Ric tried explaining to the girl who didn't even look up at him. "Okay" With that he got up and continued to make lunch.

After they ate. Rose decided that she needed to save her friend from whoever hurt her. So when Ric sat down on the couch she placed both of her hands on his shoulder that made him relax to the point where he fell asleep.

Even as an adult with a child like mind. Rose was smarter then Damon let on therefore she easily snuck out of the house.

Walking through the town square was something she had only done twice. Once when Damon took her out on the ice cream and the second time when she ran from the boarding house from the bad man.

She tried using her hightened senses to search out for Caroline's aura but she couldn't feel anywhere.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile Damon walked into Gloria's bar. He enters and Gloria gasps taken back by sudden rush of pure power that was radiating off of Damon from Rose.

"Damn, Damon, as a witch I can sense the power that's coming off of you. You've been spending time with a guardian"She says and Damon had to curse at least 54 times in his head and then he opened his eyes and sat down next to Klaus.

"I see they've opened the doors to the riff-raff now" Klaus says and smirks as he's drinking.

"Oh, honey, I've been called worse" Damon says.