Unpleasantville

We get to the school. The music is playing everywhere and I see a lot of people dancing. We see the girls so we go to talk to them.

"Having fun?" Elena asks.

"No but this took me like 2 hours so I'm at least enjoying it" Caroline answers and we all chuckle.

"What's Damon doing here?" Bonnie asks and then looks at me.

"What? He asked me to be his date to the dance" I answer the girls. "I promise he'll behave" I say.

"So what is this like a foursome. The Gilbert twins and the Salvatore brothers" Caroline and me and Elena give her a glare.

"If I'm going to be with Stefan and if  Rose and Damon are going to be besties then I have to learn to tolerate him. It's not like I can kill him" she says and I nudge a little bit before a cracking a little smile over the irony.

"Hey Bonnie want to dance?" Damon asks as he aproches us. She's going to say no but points for the effort.

"I'm out of here" she says and walks away.

"Stay away and if you hurt my friend in any way you'll regret it deeply" Caroline says before she walks away. I was about to ask him to dance with me when Elena and Stefan show up.

"Where did they go?" Elena asks.

"I don't know" Damon answers but I see Stefan giving him a look.

"What did you say to them?" Stefan asks him.

"Nothing I was perfectly polite" he says and I nod.

"So Rosie would you like to dance?" He asks me and holds out his arm.

"Sure I'd love to" I say and turn to Stefan just to piss him off a bit at first ' Stefan would you like to dance too" I ask him and Damon looses his smirk and Stefan chuckles but then I turn around and go with Damon.

"That was bad joke Rose,bad joke" he tells me whil leading me to the dance floor.

"It was pretty funny to see your face, anyway  tell me about 50's what were you doing back then" I ask him and he thinks before having a painted expression almost as if he was scared. "Damon did something happen?" I ask him and he seems to snap back to it.

"No I just had a flashback to a fight with my uncle back then" he says.

"Okay was there anything else then puddle skirts?" I ask him and he laughs.

"Well there were the milkshakes and all that stuff" he says and I laugh a little. I was going for some drinks when I see Mr. Saltzman talking to Damon.

"Hello Mr. Saltzman I see you've met Damon" I say to them and I bring some punch to him.

"You're a Salvatore like Stefan?" He asks him.

"He's my little brother" he's about to continue but I cut him off.

"Who you love to make fun of" I say with a laugh and Damon laughs with me.

"Rosie why don't you go dance with the other girls huh. Have some fun. What do you think?" He asks in a monotone voice like if he was trying to compel me but he knows I have my necklace. Weird.

"Yeah sure I'll see you later" I tell him and go dance with Elena and the girls.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You know maybe he's not going to show up" I say as me and Damon dance together.

"You mean I went to this for nothing" he scoffs.

"Ohh the horror" I say sarcastically and and energic song comes up.