2|~•~The hybrid~•~

Damon brought the sobbing Rose who fells asleep the moment her head hit the pillow.  He was watching her sleep when a pair of footsteps coming up to his room brought him out of his trans. When he looked around he saw Elena standing there

"Just can't stay away, can you?" Damon asked her a little irritated after tonight's events he just wanted to lay in bed next to the women he loves.

"You've been dodging my calls"Elena states firmly.

"Yeah, well, busy day, you know Rose and all"Damon told her.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asked him. She thought they were in it together, that they wanted to save his brother together.

"Happy Birthday, Elena. Stefan nearly killed Rose. Cake?" Damon says getting madder.

"What?! What happened? Why didn't you tell me this sooner?" She asks him quickly not liking that she's the last to find out about this.

"Yeah sure I should've just walked up to you room and say. Your boyfriend nearly got your sister killed" He finally snapped.

"He called me, Damon" Elena says trying to lighten the mood with good news but it's not working.

"What?"He questions confused turning around to face her.

"Stefan called me"

"Well, what'd he say?"

"He didn't say anything, but it was him. I asked Sheriff Forbes if she would trace the call's origin. It came from Tennessee" Elena exclaims and Damon's little smile falls down.

"Where he's binge drinking on the country folk. We went through this, Elena. Stefan's gone. I don't mean geographically" Damon says and picks up all the papers from his closet and throws them into the fire he made in the fireplace.

~~~~~~~~~

Rose woke up in the morning still a little shaken but she was getting better. She got worried when she didn't found Damon by her side in the morning so she quickly got down to see him in the kitchen and relaxed immediately.

"Hey Rose. Did you sleep well?"He asks her and she nods. "Yes"

"You know a friend of mine asked me to help him with something so you will be with Caroline today is that okay?"Damon asked her carefully forming the words but that didn't seem to be enough because Rose started to tear up.

"You're leaving me"She said  and Damon sped to her taking her face into his hands and kissing her forehead.

"Of course not little flower I wouldn't leave you but I have to do something and I promise I will be back before you get into bed okay" Damon told her and nodded slowly wiping away her tears. Damon then started to tickle her and she laughed while trying to pray out of his grasp."There is the beautiful laugh I love"He said and continued in making breakfast. At 10am Elena showed up to see her sister. And as always Rose greeted her with a smile and jumped into her arms.

"Hey Rose how are you? Everything okay?"She asks her sister who nods.

"Being with Caroline today" Rose send and Elena shot a look at Damon.

"Damon how can you leave her here" Elena glared at him not knowing the trip he has to take is the same one as hers.

"I have an errand I need to run" Damon explained and then Caroline walked in. With a bag of toys in her hand while Rose looked at it like a kid with big eyes in that moment she forgot about everything and went towards Caroline and the bag. Noticing everyone's starring Caroline spoke up.

"What you told me I was watching Rose and the best way to entertain any kid is bring them toys"Caroline and Elena smiled at her appreciating her help. It's not every day a hybrid kills your sister who wakes up a day later with a child like mind. Damon went into the kitchen and handed Caroline a list.