1|~•~The Birthday ~•~

Rose woke up like every day for the past 2momths. Gazing into Damon's icy blue eyes that almost always made her forget what she wanted. It was like all she could think about is the fiery blue color that she knew belonged to the ocean.

"Good morning" She finally said and he smiled while kissing her forehead.

"Well good morning little flower. Come on time for breakfast" Damon said and hooped out of bed. As Rose's feet touched the flower the white fabric of the night gown she was wearing went with it. She had two things that she wore. A night gown and day gown. All day long she liked it. The material was soft silk that she found comfortable over the last month.

For breakfast Damon made her some waffles with syrup. The strange thing was that when she saw the magazine with pictures of food. She pointed to waffles so he thought why not try it and in the end Rose gained an obssesion with waffles.

"Okay don't forget tonight is your birthday party" Damon said and Rose tilted her head to side. Damon tried explaining the meaning of birthday but since jer mind was still with memory of only 2 months she had trouble understanding. "Remember your sister,Bonnie,Caroline, Jeremy and me are going to celebrate" Damon said. He specifically told Caroline that if she wanted to throw Elena and Rose a party she can't invite many people. He didn't know how she would handle being in a big crowd like that.

Looking at the clock he saw 10am. Rose catched his gaze and before he could catch she was sprinting towards the front door. She opened the door with a smile on her face only to see that no one was standing there. Everyday Elena made time for her sister .d showed exactly at 10am to spend a couple of hours with her sister until she went to sleep after lunch. Rose's smile faded and Damon pushed her away from the door and closed.

"Sister?"She asked with tears on the brink of her eyes. Damon sighed he wanted to avoid this conversation as long as he could. He couldn't bare telling her that she's not coming today.

"You know Elena is learning too and she can't do that here"He said and Rose sniffed.

"I want learn with Elena" Rose said and Damon gestured over to the table where they had the board with magnetic letters that he bought to teach her how to write the simplest things. Like her name. The names of the people she loves. And some other basic words. She tried speaking too but when she opened her mouth nothing came out of it. Not a sound.

"Come can you spell my name?"He asked and she nodded. She sat down and reached over for the letters carefully arranging them and soon they spelled D A M O N. "Great can you do Caroline" She hesitated for a second before reaching for the letters. She wanted to write as she heard it but remembered that that was not it. Slowly the name was forming C A R O L I N E.

"Great job you're improving. Now we can get harder can spell your dad's name. Grayson"Damon said and Rose began to reach for the letters and placing them beside each other spelling G R A Y S O N. Damon gave her a kiss on the forehead since she finally got it right. He then brought down a T-shirt and some leggings.

"Come we're going into town for ice cream" He said and her eyes lit up like a little kids who saw the candy. She smiled brightly and he helped her put the clothes on.

~~~~~~~~~~

The clothes were uncomfortable on her skin but she tried to at least walk normally in boots. She didn't like them why would anyone need them the floors of the boarding house and grass in the garden never required it. They reached the ice cream stand and Damon got one scoop of chocolate and one vanilla.

"Come try it"He said and started licking the ice cream. Rose copied his movement and as soon as the sweet cold substance reached her tongue she felt like heaven just exploded in her mouth. They were walking around licking the ice cream and Rose suddenly saw a big building woth a wolf on it. So she pointed towards it.