162 candles

Rose's Pov
I get ready for the party at the grill, when we open the door Stefan is staying there.

"And that's my cue" I say walking past them to give them some privacy. I get to the grill and I see Damon and Lexi.

"Hey Damon how are you?" I ask him.

"I've been better.I like your dress, purple is your color" he tells me looking at my dress.

"Wanna dance?" I ask him and he rolls his eyes before I drag him to the dance floor.

"I don't get how you always do this?" He asks.

"Do what" I tease and he laughs.  Lexi's walking up to us and she ain't happy.

"So I see Stefan isn't the only one dwelling on the past. One advice Rose be smart" she tells me and goes to have a another drink.

"What did she mean by dwelling on the past?" I ask him.

"Fine it's gonna get out sooner or later. You remember Kathrine and Laura from 1864?"

"Yeah Kathrine was with Stefan and then with you two he said that you two were best friends as if you knew each for your whole life" I say to him and he nods before I suggest that we should play dome pool.

"Sorry I need to use the bathroom" I say and quickly go use the bathroom but when I get back he's nowhere in sight.

"Hey Stefan have seen Damon I went to the bathroom and when I came back he was nowhere in sight" I ask him as I see him smiling with Lexi.

"No sorry" then I see him walking in.

"Hey there you are where did you go?" I ask him and he smiles.

"Just need some fresh air" he tells me. He looks over to Stefan and Lexi laughing.

"Stefan smiles alert the media" he says jokingly.

"Well you haven't really given him much reason to be happy" I say and Elena comes to join the party, I thought she was staying in.

"Ohh you're right poor Stefan, persecuted through out eternity by his brother. Does get tired being so riches?" Damon asks. I'm about to answer but Lena comes in sooner.

"It flares up in the presence of psychopaths" she says and smiles and I high five her.

"Ouch well consider this psychopath's feelings hurt" he says sarcastically while reaching to his hearth.

"What did you do to Jeremy when you compelled him" She ask and I look at him with seriousness but he smirks.

"What do you mean?"he asks and steps closer.

"When you erased the memories about Vicky what else did you do?"she asks and I get more and more suspicious.

"You wanted me to take away his memory about the fangs and all that stuff you wanted me to take away his suffering so I did"

"But he's acting different he seems okay with everything too okay. He's studying he's not doing drugs or drinking. Are you sure you didn't do something else?" Ohh I get it and she has a point.

"Elena, Rose I took away his suffering" he says and we walk back to the dance floor. Eventually me and Damon end up sitting at the bar and talking when Lexi comes here and hands Damon a shot.

"Answer my question. What are you really doing here?" She asks and I turn my head.

"Have you try to brittle? wins worlds" He says and takes a shot.

"Cut the crap"

"Okay I have a diabolical master plan to buy the best rose for Rose" he answers and I chuckle from across him. She looks at him with an 'are you kidding me look'.

"Come on Lexi he's sweet" I tell her.

"Yeah I don't think Damon Salvatore has the word sweet in his vocabulary" she answers. Then Sheriff Forbes comes in and plunges a syringe into Lexi.

"Hey what are you doing she's my friend let her go" I say as I try to get to her.

"Rose stay out of this she's not your friend. Thank you for the vervain Damon" She says and drags Lexi outside.

"Damon" I scream at him. And run outside to try and help her.

"Sheriff Forbes I don't know what do you think she did but she was with me all the time" I tell her.

"So you didn't take a quick bathroom break like 20 minutes ago"

"Yes but that was just a minute" I tell her while try to reason with her.

"Rose stay out of it" she says. She starts to shoot Lexi but it doesn't effect her then out of nowhere Damon appears and stakes Lexi and I scream out of horror as I see her skin is all grey and veins are popping out and try to run but Stefan stops me and brings me to a hallway where Elena is. Suddenly Stefan rushes somewhere I'm guessing the boarding house. So I follow him.

"Stefan, Stefan" I say as I try to get him to stop. " Stefan" I grab his arm and he turns around.

"He killed her. He killed Zach, Tanner he turned Vicky. I have to kill him" He says and I quickly go after him.

"No Stefan don't you can't do that" I tell him and he turns around.

"Why are you trying to save him He's never gonna change. Don't you see that he's never gonna change" He yells.

"Because after my parents died after everything that happened. I was finally happy that I had someone I could laugh with that would understand me like true best friend. Please Stefan" I say to him but it's no success.

"Rosie I'm sorry but everywhere that I go pain and death follow. Damon follows me. No more" he tells me.

"Stefan please just talk to me, shout, scream whatever, just please don't kill him" I say but he turns around starts to walk away.

"Your sister was right to stay away you should do the same" he tells me and I don't know what to do so I run to Elena.

"Rose what is going on?" She asks me as she sees the state I'm in.

"Can I borrow your car please?"I ask.

"Yeah sure but why?"

"Stefan wants to kill Damon and I don't have mine here" she just nods and gives me the keys. I drove as fast as I can to the boarding house to make sure Stefan didn't kill him. I burst through the front door and I hear something break from upstairs. I ran to one of the rooms but it's empty. I ran to another but it's empty too. I finally found it and I see Stefan pinning Damon against and the wall and he shoves the stake where the heart is. Damon's eyes widen and he groans while Stefan has him still pinned.

"Rose what are you doing here?" Stefan asks confused.

"Making sure you don't kill your brother" I reply harshly.

"You missed" Damon says and I let out a breath.

"No you saved my life I'm sparing yours now we're even" Stefan replies and pushes the stake farther while his brother groans.

"Thank you" I say and he nods. Damon falls to the floor breathing heavily.

"Okay how do I get this thing out safely?" I ask him and he grimaces before answering.

"Just grab it and pull it out as quickly as you can okay?" He says and I nod.

"Okay. Alright" I say more to myself than him. I place one hand on his chest to make it more stable and grab the stake with the other. I quickly pull it out and he yells out before closing his eyes and breathing. I help him up and see that he's starting to heal.

"Where's your room" I ask him and he points to the one at end of the hallway. I help him to his room and to the bed.

"You want to stay over tonight?" He asks me and nod before smuggling into his chest and falling asleep.

A/N
So I have decided that instead of the regular plot line. I will change it a little bit and make Laura Damon's best friend. 
Sorry I haven't posted but I was in Prague but it should be better now. Anyway school starts in a week and I hate it. Like why couldn't they gives one more week. Anyway if you have any questions, suggestions,write.