Step In The Same River Twice

"Hey! Who's there?!"

You stood straight next to the dumpster.

"Hahahaha! Ya think you can just stand n'there and have a show for free and get away with it, ya shrimp?!"

The guy mocked you, trying to be cool in front of his buddies.
Wait, why aren't I hiding anymore?
Thoughts rushed through your mind like a river after heavy rain. One deep breath after another, you started making your way towards them. Your body was moving on it's own. And then there was one more thing. You were shaking.

"Look man! This shit's walking towars you as if you were his mommy!"

You passed by the boy on the ground.

"Oi..."

he whispered in an attempt to get you to stop and probably run away before you get beat like him. He's been dealing with them for some time and didn't want others to get hurt too.

You ignored him. The closer you got to the group the stronger was your trembling. You reached the guy who made himself the leader of this little group.

You gulped. Are you trying to die?

There you were, standing in front of the guy. Staring into his eyes as if you forgot to blink. The others were looking at each other and back at you, so very amused.

"Awww, look this small piece of crap is mad trembling! Is this scawwyyy~?"

This was a stupid

You looked down at the ground, hair falling into your face. Did you think you could help the boy? There's no way you could think that, right? You couldn't possibly manage what you use to two years ago.

"Do you want us to call your daddy?"

Something snapped. You glared at the guy, your knee launched up, landing a kick right between his legs. Crack. He groaned and leaned forward, holding his possibly quite literally broken pride.

"I'm shaking..."

When his head was lower, your elbow, as if out of habbit, shot up only to come down hitting the guy in the back of his head with all your force

"...cause I'm fucking pissed!"

" ███ ! "

What?

"That was amazing! "

"I'll be as strong as you are one day!"

"Papa!"

Tears filled your eyes. Why did this have to play in your head all over again? The happiest memories of your life, turning into the most painful ones.

"No! Leave dad alone!"

‎‎

The guy was knocked out in front of you.

"Who do you think you are to gang up on one person... you filthy hooligans."

You mumbled, holding the tears of the past in. His group stood in a defensive manner, not laughing anymore. They were deciding what to do next.

"Hey, can you run?"
You spoke to the boy behind you.

"Uh... Yeah?"
he stood up, not too sure of his steps. You grabbed his wrists and started to drag him behind you to get the hell away from there. You knew you messed up bad. After a while of running, you came to a stop - the river! Finally a familiar place.

"They aren't... They aren't following us."

The ravenhead informed as he tried to catch his breath.

"Are you okay?"

You knew he got hit pretty bad.

"Yeah, I think. Thanks for helping me..."

The boy replied, his lips forming a faint smile. His eyes of sandy colour, appearing so sad to you.
Shit!

"Don't mention it. I gotta run though, sorry."

You started running for your dear life again.

"I'm Kazutora by the way! Hanemiya Kazutora!"

Was the last thing you heard from the boy as you turned the corner.
Reaching your building, you ran up the stairs, all the way to your door. You hoped you still had time before mom got back from work. Oh please let her not be there. You opened the door carefully. Sliding off your shoes, you were ready to sneak up the stairs. You have to shower and change before-

"And where do you think you are going?"

A/N: trying out different style ;3

‎‎

Word count: 666