When Suddenly We Fell Apart

It's been going on for an hour now. You were sitting on a concrete block by the river that was sticking out of the grassy hill. Mikey and Draken were in front of you, having a disagreement.

It seemed like it would never come to an end, in reality, it has been only getting worse. Mikey was pissed off because Pah got arrested and nobody did anything to prevent that. Actually, Draken did the polar opposite. He dragged Mikey away and let Pah-chin get arrested, and Mikey wasn't having that.

The gentle sound waves fading into one another mixed with raising voices of your dearest friends.

"Pah is my friend, Ken-chin! Friends gotta have each other's back, and you want me to abandon him?!"

"Hey. Pah is my friend, too. And I'm not boutta disrespect his very own decision like some stubborn brat!"

You could feel a knot forming in your stomach, anxiety made your knees sore from tension. They can't be seriously taking it this far. Not these two.

You remained swallowed by denial as your friends progressed deeper into their argument.

"Huh?! You really wanna imply somethin'?!"

"I don't know, do I?! You tell me since you know what's the best for everybody, oh the great invincible Mikey."

"Actually, I do! I do know that Pah doesn't belong in jail! I know you're too much of a Mr. Important to understand common fuckin' sense but anyone would agree with me and understand how I feel when my buddy's arrested!"

You had to agree with Draken's rationality. Pah chose to stab Osanai in the back, as well as he chose to accept consequences of his actions. There's nothing anyone could do about that. Still, you were also able to understand Mikey's hurt, and it wasn't in you to pick sides.

"Pah has a head of his own! Everything isn't about you and how you feel, you selfish asshole!"

"Guys..."

Tears formed in your widened eyes, your voice betraying you - coming out as a mere whisper. It wasn't enough to stop the raging males, neither of them took notice of the effect of their actions.

"...'selfish', huh? I was the one who tried to help my friend, not the one running away like an overgrown coward!"

"Guys."

Your yell finally brought them to a stop. However, it wasn't the way you would imagine.

"Y/N-chin..."

Mikey got lost in thought, lost looking at your frowning face. Suddenly, his hand made it's way onto your shoulder. He squeezed it lightly as his determined glance met yours.

"You were there, Y/N-chin! He didn't save Pah.

He didn't save you!

Maybe if more people tell the bastard how much of an ass he is, he might even hear us up there!"

You couldn't believe Mikey's words. But before you could say anything, from your other side, there was another hand resting on your shoulder, it's protective grasp nearly crushing it.