The Only Heaven I'll Be Sent To

You were in your room, staring off into the ceiling with an unimpressed pout. You decided to skip school today to recover from yesterday's mess up and nearly sleepless night.

You sighed at the thought of cancelling Hinata's plans on her. She asked you to come shopping with her, but carrying her bags for her would be the opposite of rest. When you called her this morning, she said it was okay and that she'll just ask Takemichi instead.

"I guess I gotta apologize to him, somehow."

An annoyed groan escaped your mouth. You got so used to being in situations that filled you with adrenaline therefore staying home for one day felt like death.

One thing was for sure though. You won't be bored for too long because you had to attempt to help the dumbest guy study this afternoon.

"How did I even agree to this?
I'm probably the second dumbest right after him-"

Your thoughts were interrupted with the right of the doorbell. You walked down the stairs casually, once you got down you met your mom who was already at the door.

"Ooh~ Hi Baji-kun! What a handsome young man you are!"

Your mom cooed. You rolled your eyes. There's no way she would like Baji with how she is now, he looks like a metal band member.

"I- Well- Thank you, ma'am."

You pushed through your mom to the door. You spotted.

The abomination.

Baji in his businessman attire, his hair slicked back and thick glasses covering most of his face. It wasn't the first time you've seen this version of Baji but it sill killed you each time. You had a dumb expression on your face trying to hold in your laugh.

"So- handsome- pFF-"

He scratched his temple as his cheeks tinted pink under the glasses.

"Now now, ███! Don't be mean!"

You frowned while Baji looked up directly at your mom.

"It's Y/N."

You both said in unison.

You came out to your mom on your 15th birthday. Her reaction was the weirdest thing ever. She tried to blame it on the conditions you grew up in, without a dad. She blamed it on not getting another partner. Her explanation was that you felt a need to fill that void of a man in a family. The need to play a son.

"We've talked about this."

"You have talked about this."

"Clearly not enough."

"Way too much."

"And will have to again, but now's not the time.
I believe you and your friend were going to study.

How about you go ahead while I fix you a snack?"

Your mom gave you two the sweetest smile. With an unimpressed expression you reached out to grab the back of Baji's collar, dragging him mercilessly behind you.