Second Chance

6th of July 2005

The bell's melody indicated end of class telling you it's time to swiftly get up and, as usual, mind your business by not minding your business. Nothing too deep, of course, you were only doing your job after all.

You got up from your seat with your usual polite smile painted on your lips that charmed both the boys and the girls among your fellow students. If they only knew the things behind it, maybe their opinion would be much different.

Oh well, being liked by people only made your job of Tokyo Manji Gang's main informant that much easier. One smile given to a popular girl and suddenly you knew every smallest thing that was going on behind the school's curtains.

And just like that, you got up from your seat with a smile and made sure to place your chair neatly back to your desk. You were the last one in the class. Or so you thought.

"L- L/N-san!"

There was a shaky songbird like voice coming from the classroom's sliding door. You lifted your head up as you put your hands into the uniform's pockets.

"Hm~? How may I be of help?"

You asked in a gentle tone, deepening your smile at the flustered girl in front of you. You could tell judging by her shoes that she was a second year. How adorable.

Upon hearing your sweet words her flushed cheeks got noticeably more pink. You could tell she wanted to get her words out quickly before she gives up and runs away from embarrassment. It's not like it was your first time being in this kind of situation, so you knew what to expect.

"M-My name is Misaki! Please, take this!"

Both of her arms shot towards you, holding out a letter with both of her hands for you to take. You could immediately spot the typical heart sticker on it, with some hand drawn doodles of stars and other hearts. So much effort. You tilted your head to the side slightly, narrowing your deep foggy E/C eyes. Reaching out your hands you let them hover above the letter, blocking it from moving any closer to you.

"My sincerest apologies, Misaki-san. I'm afraid I must decline. Please don't think badly of me ♡"

Her sparkly eyes widened as she looked up at your face, only to glisten with tears flooding in when she looked away again, retrieving her arms.

"... I understand. I don't know what I was thinking, sorry."

Your already narrow eyes and lips forned a closed-eye smile. You reached your hand up to her head, giving her a few light pats on top of her hair.

"Now, now. If you excuse me, I have to go."

You walked by the standing girl when her voice interrupted you suddenly, tainted with anger.

"Are you going to watch the fight match too, L/N-san?!"

You stopped in your tracks in surprise. Facing away, your hand holding onto the sliding door, you turned your head just enough to cover her short figure in your peripheral vision.

"A fight match? May I ask what that might be about?"

She looked back at you with surprised expression.

"So you don't know? Kiyomasa's Fighting Club, of course. That stupid gangster thinks it's cool to force people to fight for him and place bets! I've heard he's in that Tokyo Manji Gang."

You could hear the remorse in her voice as she said that. The way everyone assumed delinquents are all bad people saddened you deeply, especially for Mikey's sake. He was trying his best, he was fighting for his new era of delinquency. That was a dream you and all of your friends from the gang shared with him. You only turned your head another bit so your face would be visible to Misaki. You gave her another smile before you left.

"Thank you, Misaki-san. Yes, I believe he is."

With that you left the classroom, leaving Misaki-san behind as well. At first leaving these girls and even a few boys made you sad and feel kind of guilty. Howere as you got used to it with more kouhais coming in, it was only a little formality yo you.

You weren't really the "handsome popular prince of the school" type liked. To them you were had a certain charm they probably wouldn't be even able to describe, fueled by mistery, everyone knew you wasn't likely to get close to anyone outside of your little group outside school some of your fellow students spotted you hanging out with a few times. That was their only source of knowledge that you had any friends at all besides Tachibana Hinata.

Another thing that made people drawn to you, both male and female students alike, was the next to equal part of femininity and masculinity you presented yourself with. They never saw you out in action, therefore they were only aware of your elegant part you showed to them in school. In reality, things could and usually would turn out much different.

With your now unbuttoned uniform blazer that revealed the tattoo on your neck and a mask covering your face, you have arrived to the area where this supposed Kiyomasa Fight Club was taking place. Sure enough, it was crowded with people now, mainly male students and other guys, most probably gang members. You understood that girls probably wouldn't go watch guys beat their teeth out for fun, it wasn't your cup of tea either. You still recalled events that took place during your childhood, 4 years ago.

Truth be told, ever since Toman grew in size you had to face more and more fights of different kinds. Because of that, the chances of you seeing ridiculously unfair sighs of fighting only grew. In those moments, you would often recall the day of your father's death in great detail, nearly reliving every moment. Most people would probably expect you to break down, however the reality lied elsewhere.

In those moments, your moral compass would shut off completely, members of your squad had to drag you away from the scene before you managed to beat someone to death. They would often receive some bad hits in the process too, which made your reputation in the gang world a very interesting matter. It also made nearly everyone leave your division really fast and getting new people on board quite the challenge.

Mikey called these occasions "dark impulses". He always had a natural anti-talent for naming things, you thought. The first time he saw them himself take effect on you was two years ago when your mother was giving away your bike. He also heard about the time before that, when you protected a boy from the Black Dragons, that time your impulses got physical. You were the only one who knew that it wasn't the first time, it was the second.

You took a seat at top of the arena-like place in the very back, awaiting events that were waiting to unfold infront of you, placing the camera that was strapped around your neck and hanging over your lower chest neatly into your lap. By this time, everyone was yelling at the two guys in the center of it all, mainly at one named Hanagaki. You could see he had bleached blonde hair styled into a mess standing on top of his head.

As if with the turn of a switch, his eyes widened like he awoke from some kind of trance. For a moment he looked around frantically, for some reason proceeding to take out his phone, it looked as though he was checking the time? You raised a brow, baffled by the boy's strange behavior.

"What a weird ass idiot."

You chuckled as you took a picture with your camera.