You Can Find Me In The Sky

It was after school and you were supposed to meet up with Draken and his friends. Anxiety made it's way to your consciousness. What if you embarrass yourself somehow? What if they're not that cool at all? Maybe they will think you're weird and won't like you. I shouldn't be late to begin with.

That thought alone made you get out of your house as fast as you can. Dressed in baggy pants and an old band shirt you stole from your dad years ago, back when it looked more like a strange gown on you, there you were standing at the top of the grassy hill about half an hour too early.

You stared into the river, admiring it's glass-like clearness and the shiny patterns it made on the bottom as the sunlight hit the water's surface. There was only the water's journey to be heard as well as cars casually passing by in the background. This peace on the street was interrupted by the humm of an engine which snapped you out of your thoughts.

No one could express how this for some bothersome sound made you feel. It was comforting, the memories of your dad giving you rides and getting lectured by your mom after because he forgot to put a helmet on you as well as himself; that was what this loud sound made you feel.

You could tell it was getting closer and closer, then you spotted it in the distance - it was a motorcycle that was coming straight at you. As it got closer, suddenly the bike came to it's stop at the side of the road beside you. The blonde who was behind disturbing at least the next three neighborhoods surrounding you waved at you from his bike.

"Yo, L/N-kun!"

he grinned as you ran closer, your eyes all over his bike.

"Woah."

"Hop on! We can't let them get there before we do"

Draken said as he threw his bright pink helmet into your hands.

'Bitch are you serious'

You thought as you looked at it.

"Thanks, but I'm good"

"I didn't need it when I was five, I don't need it now."
You grinned proudly.

"Ooh, a man of culture?"

He said in pleasant surprise.

"Awright! Hold on tight."

You wrapped your hands around the blondes waist as he brought his motorcycle to start as fast and loudly as possible. The wind in your hair, everything around you flashing by so fast - you couldn't help but smile so widely your cheeks started to hurt after a while. But you didn't care.

Draken slowed down as you approached a crossroad. You took a peak, finding the traffic lights betrayed you with their red stare. Looking below them you spotted a bike with two people on it.

"My GSX250E is the best in Tokyo!"

you could hear the dark haired boy from the bike as Draken pulled up right next to it, the boy's proud grin exposing a pair of sharp canines.

"Huh? The best in Tokyo?"

"My Zephyr's the best in Japan, though."