Precious Ride

⚠️ violence / gore, angst, strong language

Part 3.
FINAL

"So... Wanna tell me about your dad?"

This caught you visibly by surprise for your wide eyes were now stabbing straight through Mikey who's expression showed as if nothing was out of the ordinary, only patiently waiting for your answer. You weren't prepared for such question so you looked down at your hands resting on your lap as you thought about where to start.

"My dad was the best man I've ever known. He always seemed so happy, there wasn't a time he wouldn't be nice to us. People would probably never believe he used to lead a gang of bikers."

You smiled at the thought of how silly it sounded. Mikey only remained silent in a great interest as you explained how your dad met your mom in the hospital after an accident on the road, showering her with bad pickup lines even after he was released. He would circle around the hospital on his bike once it was repaired, often giving her rides home. You explained how you came to be, causing the gang to get disbanded. How he passed down almost all of his knowledge and skills to you as he gave you trainings in your backyard. You stopped your rambling once you reached a point that changed both your and your mother's life.

"And what was then?" Mikey's head leaned slightly closer. He was fully concentrated on your story, which was pretty understandable as Mikey was newly the head of a gang of his own. Learning from the past and other's experiences was probably one of the best things he could do. You, on the other hand, started fidgeting with your hands as you grew more on the edge. You swallowed, preparing to continue, to finish your dad's story.

"Then... it was a day I remember still so clearly. First day of my last year in elementary school. It was warm and nice, but the sky was overcast from the very morning. Gray clouds hanging above the town. Dad was supposed to pick me up from school, he said he'd be fast and get us both home before the rain starts, but mom insisted we'd get soaked and sent him off without the bike, only with umbrella. After he picked me up from school the rain caught up to us as we were halfway home when a group of men approached us, former members of my dad's gang..."

‎ ‎ ‎
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

You looked up at your dad. In the shadow casted by his umbrella he was frowning deeply, as the snickering group surrounded you, making escape next to impossible. The man standing in front of you was holding a bat that rested on his shoulder, a cigarette in his other.

"Well well, what honor to meet you messin' round my turf, president."

Your father lowered the umbrella that prevented rain from soaking you, closing it completely he tilted his head slightly. A smirk appeared on his lips, his eyebrows remained furrowed.

"Your turf? Don't tell me you decided to play the king after I left, Hiroto."

You could tell the man your dad reffered to as Hiroto was growing irritated despite his smug smile. The bat swung from his shoulder and the man leaned onto it as if it was a cane.

"You know it's a real shame you brought your brat with you, but I suppose a good ol' lesson won't be much harm."

You were trembling from the cold rain running through your hair and clothes, from fear of the situation you found yourselves in. Father squeezed your hand as if to tell you you'll be okay without words. You were looking at him intensely, searching for answers in his face. You saw the way his eyes swiftly scanned the men around you. From that point on, everything went down too fast.