part twelve

⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

Therefore I am

Billie Ellish

"You two are aware that whatever took place in the parking lot today was an act of serious violence."

Principal Johansson took a sip of her coffee that was stirred into a large white cup and placed it back on her plate.

Tom and Y/n were seated on the two seats in the Principle's office. Y/n was sitting up straight, her back aching from the position she was trying to master considering that she was in front of the principle.

She had never been in trouble before and so as every second passed, she felt her nerves take the best of her.

Tom on the other hand was sitting rather casually on the chair. His back was leaning on the chair and his legs were opened as he impatiently moved one of them.

Tom's position didn't change however Y/n only got more attentive when Principal Johansson began to speak again.

"Therefore, because Y/n is a good student while you Mr Holland..." she trailed off turning to Tom and folding her arms.

"Are prone to such incidents." She finally said.

"But I have decided to give the two of you a warning, you'll be getting detention today after school."

Y/n let out a breath of relief.

Detention.

It was just detention.

Oh god.

DETENTION.

With him-?

Her thoughts ran through her mind faster than she could even say the phrase 'oh crap.'
Tom all the while got up and flung his bag over his shoulder as if none of this was new to him.

"Goodbye Scarjo!" He yelled as he went out the door followed by Y/n who had respectfully said, "Hope you have a good day."

"MR. HOLLAND YOU ARE PROHIBITED TO CALL ME THAT!"

Y/n heard him chuckle as he stood outside the office door and she only smiled at the moment.

She got out of the office and turned to see him standing in front of her.

His figure was tall, dark and stiff but yet composed. He stood with his back straight and his hand on the strap of his bag. He looked down on Y/n with a smug smile on his lips.

She looked back at him. His eyes were dark, brown; but, they ran deeper than the caves of a mountain. There was a glow in them. A sort of care, protectiveness, emotion.

They looked at each other for a moment, or maybe longer. Until he turned away and let out a breath that blew past her face.

"So? Shouldn't I be getting a thank you?" He said raising his eyebrows and taking one step back.

"A thank you? For what?" She said folding her arms and giving him an intimidating look.

"Oh I don't know maybe for saving you from that rat." He answered, that smile growing more satisfied making Y/n's frustration reach it's limit.

"You know holland." She took a pause, looked down at the ground and stepped closer to him.

She looked up at him, meeting his eyes. Her nose nearly touched his and their controlled breaths could be heard by the other.