part twenty

⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

I wanna be yours

Arctic Monkeys

"Come on May we're all ready!" Portia yelled up the stairs as Y/n and Sauce stood by the door.

"I can't be late to the pre-game speech tell her to suck on it and come down." Tom said picking up his sports bag and standing next to Y/n.

"Yes yes I know darling she's coming."

Y/n and Sauce were currently at the Holland's house ready to head to school on a Sunday for the football game that was held every three months.

Various schools competed against each other on several matches till the June Finals which was considered almost like the World Cup around here.

Kingston High had won the previous football Championship and the year before that and the year before.

September meant that a new game had begun and it was a big deal for everyone, especially Tom.

"Okay I'm here, let's hit the road!" May came down and the five of them hopped into the car.

Tom sat on the front seat while Portia drove the car. Y/n sat on the seat behind him, and she could hear his every breath from the silence that had fallen in the car.

Though she wasn't close to him or next to him, she could tell that his breath was warm, comforting.

It gave her butterflies to think about him, it made her feel odd to even feel such a thing, but she didn't want to be just his tutor, just a girl he knew, just a friend.

She wanted to be more.

Someone special.

Someone important.

Why? She thought. Why did she feel that way?

Well, that was because she was falling in love with him.

>

"AND SCORE! ANOTHER ONE FOR KINGSTON HIGH!"

The crowd erupted in enormous cheers as the players ran across the field in their heavy uniform kicking around the ball, passing it to one another.

Y/n sat somewhere in the middle of the many seats that were surrounding the field. Next to her friends.

Sauce was nowhere to be seen, she had walked off with Daya to the front row whilst May was near the field where family was allowed to cheer on the sweaty teenagers.

Riley was sitting next Y/n, her body was unusually tense and rigid and though Y/n noticed it, she didn't ask.

Louis and Divs were on the other side of Y/n. Doing what? Well, they were making out.

Everyone seemed to be doing their own thing but Y/n cheered on the game, screaming intently as her school placed a score.

The Kingston High team was not a all boys team, it had girls as well, though they were just two.

One of them was Siena, Y/n's hall buddy who escorted her to all her classes for company. She was currently on a break since an opponent had purposefully strained her ankle.

In the meanwhile the only girl amongst the many boys on the field was Renata.

She had dark hair that was tied up in a ponytail with knee high socks and oversized blue shorts around her waist. She wore a shirt that said 'RENA' on it with the number 13.

Y/n had never had a conversation with her, though Rena seemed like someone she would get along with.

Rena passed the ball to Tom and Y/n's focus shifted to the boy she was currently falling for.

His hair was sweaty and he struggled to catch his breath as he moved the ball. His legs were bare and exposed only covered by white socks that reached his ankle and dark blue shorts.

She watched carefully as he ran with the ball and placed a touchdown right on the line.

"AND THAT'S A WIN! MR. HOLLAND SCORES! KINGSTON HIGH WINS!"

Everyone began to chant and yell as they all got up at once screaming and jumping on their seats. The many signs held up by students and family's were held high and the players ran across the field to meet their family's.

Y/n stood on her tip toes and watched as Tom ran to the seats.

She was ready to feel a flash of excitement when he would hug his mom and his little sister. Perhaps she even expected him to look up into the crowd, give her a smile that reached his eyes that would make her heart flutter.

But he didn't.

He barely came to his mother.

He ran to the front row where the cheerleader's sat and hugged the blonde in a blue sparkly skirt.

He engulfed her into his arms and gave her kiss on the lips.

He kissed her intently, perhaps with more passion then he would ever kiss her.

He held her face as she smiled through his lips, while metres away Y/n stood in one of the rows, looking back down at them.

She felt her heart beat fasten, she felt it drop down to her stomach and shatter into pieces that would stay in her body, eating her up with loosing something she didn't have.

She saw him kiss her.

After all that time she had with him, she felt like she could be closer to him, maybe she could be what she wanted to him. But she couldn't.

All those laughs. All those moments. She couldn't face that it wasn't all real. It wasn't all what she thought it was.

And no on knew she felt this way.

Not even him.

But it didn't matter, because she was no more then a friend to him.

>

Riley Moore struggled as she cycled along the rugged road, her breath panting as her hands held the handles of the bike with immense force and worry.

She kept riding faster as she got closer to her house and her breath kept getting heavier. There was a plastic bag hanging on her handle and it flapped in various directions as she sped her bike.

She finally reached home, and nearly out of breath she took the plastic bag and her bike collapsed as she ran up to her room.

"Riley! Darling! Where were you?" Mrs. Moore's voice came from the living room as she hastily climbed the stairs.

"Just went to the grocery store!" She yelled back and before she could hear what her mother had to say she ran up the stairs and into the bathroom.

She locked the door and frantically opened the test in her hands.

Minutes later she sat on the toilet seat, taking deep breaths as she waited for the results.

The nervousness began filling her body as three minutes had passed on the clock.

She let out a shaky sigh, her lips quivered and her stomach churned.

She closed her eyes and held the test between her fingers.

She opened her eyelids and her heart sank

Pregnant.