part twenty two

⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

Bad Ideas

Tessa Violet

The room was dead silent. Only the sounds of pens scribbling across rough surface and thin sheets of paper being flipped over on the wooden desks were lingering across the room.

The classroom was filled with baffled teenagers muttering to themselves as their souls left their body while they scanned through their examinations.

It was a warm September day outside, yet inside the walls of Kingston High was an eerie atmosphere of pure confusion.

Tom sat in the middle of the examination room, staring down at the paper with his pen in his left hand.

The teacher was snuggly sitting on the front chair with her legs up the table and looked at the students once in a while as she read that days daily newspaper.

The front board had the words 'September Examination' written in chalk with big floppy hand writing. The boy sitting next to Tom was running his hands through his hair in frustration as he widened his eyes.

Tom tried not to laugh at the boy who looked as though he had already mentally prepared himself to have his mother run him over with a bus and instead turned his head to his paper.

Man what the fuck?

He muttered frowning as he read the next question.

When did we do this?

What the hell does this even mean?

This is so dumb I swear to god

He re-read the question and sighed.

The rest of the time was spent with Tom scribbling anything and everything he knew and thought on the paper.

He let out a shaky breath and left his pen as two minutes were left on the clock, glad he had done the paper in time.

Normally he wouldn't attempt any question and spend his time making rather ugly doodles but this time his mind weirdly preferred to do the work he was given.

Guess it was the idea of not letting Y/n down. He thought.

The thought of Y/n made him beam and his face slightly heated up as he pictured her warm smile.

"Alright! Times up! Hand in your papers students."

The teacher folded her newspaper and the whole class stood up to walk towards the front desk. Tom handed in his paper slightly lost on how he should feel about the exam.

He didn't know if he did well, though it was only a few hours at the end of the school day he'd find out his marks.

He walked out of the class and looked around searching for Y/n.

He wanted to tell her all about the questions, about how he felt and anything and everything that came to his mind.

He just wanted to talk to her again.

He wanted to see her again.

To feel her presence again.

He was slightly disappointed to see that she wasn't there, but he knew he'd want to see her face again, just to feel the comfort she brought him.

Down the hallway, towards the first right and along the second door was the school's girl's washroom. The washroom had a grey door with a sign that had a little lady with a dress standing still and straight, the door handle was cleaned just moments before by the janitor, who walked through the halls wiping the floor every now and then.