party thirty six

⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

Clarity

Justin Jesso

"Excellent and extremely bright. Your daughter is exceptional."

"Thank you professor, that's very kind."

"No no Mr. Wheeler, there's no exaggeration when I say that she's one of a kind, definitely one of the independent and smart students in this school."

Professor Hiddleston carried on as Brandon sat there smiling at his daughters compliments.

"Well it was an absolute pleasure meeting you Sir." The professor said standing up and putting out a hand. Brandon stood up as well and grinned while giving Hiddleston a shake and returning back out the door after saying, "the pleasure is all mine."

Brandon was currently busy trampling through the halls of the schools, running around to attend all of the parent-teacher meetings that had been scheduled for him. He always knew how they went, and he was proud to say that he was never disappointed. Y/n had always been one of the best, and for him, she was the best. It always made him happy to see that she was doing great in school, it was something he could never achieve. He had managed to get a job in a bank alright, but after years of struggle really. He felt lucky to have a daughter who understood that, he couldn't have been more grateful.

Brandon wanted to make Y/n everything that he couldn't be. He was never good in school, he was terrible at any sort of useful work and absolutely rubbish when it came to being a teensy bit considerate, but really that was until he had had Y/n.

He was the sort of person you'd call when you needed help, but he just wouldn't be able to help. He was a nice person at heart, but his high school years were spent in a very un-nice sort of way. Girls, drugs, parties. That was our disco Brandon, but he gave up all that once Y/n came into his life. Jennifer, Y/n's mother wasn't aware that her daughter was alive and well. Brandon managed to keep her with him once Jennifer clearly stated that she didn't want anything to do with the child and that it should be adopted by some other family, Brandon never let Jennifer know and the two split the second Jennifer said she was pregnant and didn't care for the child.

Brandon never fell in love, never. It was quite a thing to miss really, but at some point he realised he wasn't destined for it. At the moment he was very happy with his daughter and there was nothing more in the world that he could have asked for. Speaking of daughter, Brandon hurried out of the meeting hallways and walked towards the front door where Y/n was waiting for him.

He scrambled through the slippery hallways filled with many other parents and spotted his daughter pacing around the hall in boredom.

"DAD!" She yelled as she saw Brandon standing at the end of the hall smiling at her. Y/n ran towards her father, passing through all the reuniting parents with their children and engulfed him into a big hug.

"Pumpkin." He said beaming, hugging her back tightly.

"So, what did they say?" She asked excitedly pulling away.

"Well." Brandon began as the two of them motioned out towards the front door. "It was a whole forty five minutes of me listening to wacky teachers telling me how amazing my daughter is, they should really start telling me something I don't know."

Y/n chuckled and kissed her dad's cheek. "I love you dad."

"Love you too pumpkin."

The two walked side by side with Brandon's arm placed on Y/n's shoulders and Y/n hugging onto her father still. They walked out of the school doors and sat down in the school's grass pastures for a little air.

They were sat at the front of the school which had a little rocky path leading up to the stairs and two huge patches of grass on either side that traced all it's way towards the back of the school as the soccer field. On one of these sides, the two were sitting under a tree and chuckling at their conversation. Parents and Students passed by towards their cars, professors stumbled out of the school in a hurry and one or two school workers were snipping the plants at the front.

A silence fell upon them as Y/n rested her head on her dad's shoulder.

"I'm really proud of you pumpkin." He said kissing the top of her head.

"I know dad." She smiled.

Brandon laughed and continued. "I meant with Tom. I'm really proud of you. Your a great influence for him."

It was true. She really was a great influence. Y/n was deeply and madly in love, it was another thing that she wasn't sure that he felt the same way. He had never said those words. But then again, he had never said them to anyone.

She knew that her being with him made him much more vibrant than he was before. Sure he may still be the school's resident 'fuck boy', which without a doubt he was, she brought out the better side in him. He had been doing much better in school, he spent some of his time focusing on the right things and making sure he was being the best version of himself for everyone. He was trying really hard. His old habits were still there, he popped a cigarette every now and then and had always made a note of getting drunk every Saturday night, though to Y/n those things didn't matter.

He was happy. She was happy. She wasn't sure if it were her that made him happy, but he was happy.

He had tried hard to get along with Brandon, which by the way isn't a very hard thing to do. However, to see that he cared for someone other than himself was something that brought a smile to Y/n's face.

In the midst of their conversion both Brandon and Y/n got up and began walking across the road to the parking lot that overlooked the school. As they stood near the road waiting for the big yellow school buses to pass by, Y/n caught a glimpse of Siena standing at the further end of the road on the same side with a rather beautiful woman who looked like her mom.

"Oh look that's my friend." She said excitedly and Brandon followed where she was looking.

"Which one is that one?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"It's Siena, the one who showed me around on the first day, the soccer one." Y/n reminded her dad and Brandon looked as if he was recollecting all the things his daughter had told him at that spot.

Y/n waved at her friend and Siena waved back with a smile. The two began walking towards each other and the two parents followed behind.

Brandon didn't notice the mother at that moment, he was busy smiling at the two girls who had collided into a hug.

"Hey, what's up." Siena said as she pulled away.

"Nothing, I'm doing great. Here, meet my dad." Y/n said pointing towards Brandon and he gave Siena a pat on the back.

"It's great to meet you." Siena mumbled. "This is my mom."

Siena pointed towards the woman behind her and Brandon's eyes went wide. She was a tall blonde woman with dark brown eyes, eyes that were as dark as an intense shade of chocolate. She had perfectly shaped lips that were now open and a frown was spread on her flawless eyebrows.

Brandon's heart dropped as he saw her, his thoughts racing and without a thought he let out:

"JENNIFER?!?"