part forty nine

⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

I hate you

slush puppy

The two had been walking in silence, not a word had come out of their mouths. Tom silently smoked his cigarette, clouds of smoke escaping his mouth with every puff.

They could only hear the sounds of their feet scraping the rough road and the crickets chirping at night. Usually when they were together in silence it was more comfortable, but this time it was oddly strange.

They felt as if something was unspoken between them, something both of them wanted to say but didn't know how. Tom desperately wanted to know what went on in Y/n's mind,
but Y/n too had no idea what went on inside her head.

Tom glanced to his left at Y/n and puffed out more smoke. He saw her head bowed as she stared at her walking feet. The street lights seemed to be the only thing lighting up the street, yet today even they felt dull.

Tom gulped and opted to break the silence but stopped. He didn't want to ignore what had just happened, asking her if she was okay or if she needed rest didn't seem right to him. He knew that what Y/n was absolutely shitty, he couldn't ignore that even if she was his girlfriend.

"So why did you do it?" Tom muttered before he could stop himself.

His eyes fixed on Y/n and his cigarette leaving traces of smoke as they walked forwards.
Y/n looked at him and then back at her feet, from the looks of it she had absolutely no intention of answering him.

Tom stayed silent until he got impatient.

"I asked you a question Y/n." He said forcefully. He hated not knowing what the fuck was going on in her head, even after he had told her everything he ever thought of. He felt as if he had given her a whole desert and only got a grain of sand in return.

Y/n sighed and looked ahead, still not meeting his eyes. "Do what?" She mumbled.

"Write those things in the school newspaper." Tom clarified, knowing well that she knew what he was talking about.

"I told you, that's what Mr Hiddleston wanted us to write."

"Are you being serious right now?" Tom no longer had the patience to keep loitering around the subject until she was going to be direct with him. He stopped in his tracks and grabbed Y/n's arm.

Y/n taken aback by the gesture tried to free herself of him but his grip only got tighter. Tom pulled her towards him and Y/n's face grew angrier.

"What the fuck are you doing Tom!" She yelped still trying to break free from his grip.

"I am sick and tired of you not being direct with me Y/n, I asked you a fucking question! ANSWER ME!"

"WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO SAY!" She yelled louder than his own voice. "THAT I DID IT TO HURT THEM?!? WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO TELL YOU TOM!"

Y/n's pitch echoed throughout the street and it was angry.

"I WANT YOU TO TELL ME THE TRUTH Y/N!" Tom howled, his eyes now wide and his face turning red.

"FORGET IT!" Y/n moved in the other direction and managed to break free from his grip. Tom huffed and yelled.

"WHAT POSSIBLE EXPLANATION IS THERE FOR YOU TO TELL THE WHOLE SCHOOL ABOUT YOUR BEST FRIEND BEING PREGNANT HUH?!?"

Y/n stopped.

"WHAT YOU DID WAS FUCKING WRONG Y/N WHY CANT YOU SEE THAT!"

She turned and met his eyes.