4. Settling

"All my life, I have never been touched by a man

"All my life, I have never been touched by a man. I've remained clean and chaste" - Ava Goodchild

...

I gasped both mentally and physically. Averting my eyes towards Piper, I knew she could utter something like that.

But I sighed when I realized it wasn't even her.

"What did you just say?" Another voice which I recognized, to be Lydia's, stated.

She walked towards the girl's direction, in her purple robe with so much elegance.

I wrapped my towel firmly, and watched as the other girls wore frightful expression on their faces.

I understood it was for the girl. I mean did she even know what she was doing?

"I won't accept this humiliation,"

She muttered again, glaring at Lydia with so much hatred on her face.

"We are not objects. Each and every girl here have their own lives. We do not deserve this cruelty."

Lydia let out a cackle. Everyone trembled in fear from the sinister vibe, that radiated from her.

"Too bad you don't understand any of this. Let me explain better." she grimaced.

"You were all chosen to by your village to breed a baby for the beast. Everything here, is a game of the fit."

"Which means your chances of surviving here are slim."

Her hands held the chin of the girl.

"With this attitude, I doubt you would even survive a night."

Two of the nurses, held her both arms. But she only struggled more. More gasps echoed, when she spat at Lydia's face.

"I don't care about any of those. I'd rather die!"

Lydia gave her a distasteful look.

"You nasty little thing!"

Lydia exclaimed, hitting her face with force.

"Lock her up."

She said to the guards just at the entrance. They immediately rushed in, dragging the girl along with them.

Her strawberry blonde hair flew loosely as they carried her along with them.

The instant they were gone, a few of the nurses gave Knight Lydia some piece of cloth to wipe her face.

We all waited for her to finish, wondering what was next.

"This goes as a lesson to every one of you. Whoever tries to double cross anyone in authority here, faces the consequences."

She scoffed, before walking out the door.

"I didn't get here that easy too,"

She whispered the last part to herself. So it was hard for the others to hear.