51 - Kingdom Calamity

"Lady Ada!"

Someone from the crowd yelled.

"Lady Ada!!!" More choruses automatically joined. The entire palace, bowed at the unknown woman that has just entered.

Whatever it was, they seemed to have a great deal of respect for this woman.

Her dress was graceful, a white linen piece which accentuated her body, at each step. I studied every movement of hers towards me, with an inward cringe.

P-potential Queen?

Just what did she do to earn that title?

"Who are you?" I said, with my eyes bolted in surprise at Cassandra's description of her.

Why did her father bear the same name as mine?

"Hello, sister." she smirked, whispering in my ear. "I have a lot to say to you, however, I must put an end to this like father instructed."

At her words, I could feel my blood stir in anger.

"Look we're so close to removing the main threat, so I advise you-"

"Just listen." she cut my words, whispering in return. "Why would I come all this way from the district I was assigned to? To take your place as Queen?"

"Huh?"

It clearly seemed like this potential Queen or whatsoever, didn't know what it took for me to get here – to make jokes like that.

Or should I be calling her sister? From her features, she looked just like me. Not identical, yet her presence was similar to mine, I couldn't deny.

She walked away from me, a little distance from the actual center of the throne room.

"We shouldn't be doing this!" Ada dramatically yelled. The people around, stood up from their bows at her, with awed looks and astonished expressions on their faces.

"If we eliminate the heart of King Teta, the sea would get furious." she added. "There is a curse, you know."

More gasps highlighted from the crowd. I withheld my sword away from the heart, to hear her theory.

Or should I be calling it lies...

"What are you talking about, Lady Ada?" A girl stepped forward asking, while the rest hummed in support.

"Yes, enlighten us so we know the battles we face." Another added.

Silence spread across the room for a brief moment, before she continued.

"It is said, that whoever goes against the Dragon Emperor of the Sea, brings suffering and chaos to all districts."

Ada stated, with her head up high. Her features were all firm, not a blink of eye or doubt in her expression.

"Wars would set out, plagues would be distributed, calamity would fall upon the main districts and this Kingdom is not exempted,"

A fit load of yelps and murmuring erupted once more. My eyes wandered around that instant, at everyone, the entire situation of things and the turn of event.

I needed to think of something. She could be plotting something, but what if a part of what she was saying was true?

"What is your point, Ada?" I suddenly spat. "King Teta threatened to do exactly the same so why do you propose his heart goes untouched?"

I moved closer to her, asking. My sword, still in my hands, with the other in front protectively at my stomach level. "Why shouldn't he be eliminated for the suffering his caused to those girls? The pains... making the pawns kill themselves. Why?!"

I shouted this time, remembering the sleepless nights I had from crossing over dead bodies.
Me partaking in the choosing, having to wield a sword at innocent humans because of a twisted and sick narcissistic King.

"Because apart from the additional plagues and calamity, destroying the heart of the Dragon Emperor, means replacing him in the sea!" Ada exclaimed with warning laced in her words. "Whoever stabs his heart, becomes trapped, My Queen. He or she, becomes obliged to rule and govern the people of the Sea eternally."

CLANK!

My sword fell down helplessly at her words, with my eyes widening in surprise.

H-how?

Just how? I was so close to ending it all... this close. I was so close.

...

"So, you were sent as a peace offering?"

I breathed out, asking her.

"Negotiator." Ada replied, sitting on the office chamber chair with her head up high. She was entertained with meals of all sort, but refused to eat them for unknown reasons.

"I see,"

I replied her, eating some berries which Piper had picked with Cassandra earlier.

"You know what, why don't we skip the interrogations? From the whispers of your achievement thus far, I can tell you're quick-witted and clever." Ada spelled out, while my fingers drummed on the table monitoring her every movement.

"Father sent me here to save his best friend from being executed, and perhaps getting a chance to make a deal with your Kingdom."

My chest rumbled into a laughter that instant. It took longer than I expected it too, which made me realize.

It wasn't a normal chuckle. Instead, it was a saddened and pained one. At the fact, he thought he could show up whenever he felt like.

Not after what he did to us, to Jasmine...

"Deal?" I seethed. My hands fisted and I could feel my wolf stirring in anger with my paws extending. "There is no deal."

"I believe you're sensible enough to know when to keep your emotions in check, and when to use your head, Ava." Ada rolled those words off her tongue.

My vision blurred into red and a snarl rippled the room.

"Psst."

My wolf let out, at the verge of shifting.

"Keep calm, please." she forcibly let out. "We've not even gotten to half of this battle."

Half of this battle? What was she talking about?

"You're not the only one." Ada continued. "I hate that man too. Simon– the one that calls himself our father."

"How can I trust you?!" I cried out hastily, hating that any moment, things could snap.

Any moment from now... any second from now...

"Cause I'm your real sister. Twin, born of the same mother and father, stolen on the night of the prophecy. Hidden to seal the actual truth of our destinies,"

"Permit me to summon someone, Ava."

"Who?"

"His Lordship, Jaskier."

...

Read this book completed on Goodnovel, Radish fiction, Owonovel or iReader🥰
Let me know your thoughts, amazing readers🙂