30. Pregnant

(Make sure to play the song, when Caspian's father shows up)
For a better reader experience🖤
...

"You're two weeks pregnant, Lady Ava."

Those words brought me back fully to reality, the minute I woke up.

At first, I found myself blushing extensively after remembering the night I spent with the beast. And how his beast took over, when he inserted his desire in me.

Of how I struggled, but he held my two arms to my back.

"I-I am? Are you sure you're not mistaken?" I let out, asking. "It could just be a reaction from the fight tournament with Lydia a few days ago."

I said, wondering if the beast was right in his words.

Did he sense it?

"Yes, I am very sure. Took the tests thrice, knowing how sensitive this is, in this castle. Congratulations." he added again.

"Congratulations too, milady!" Cassandra said too.

From the look of things, it was like she found me when I passed out.

Everything was like a dream. I feared this will happen. But didn't expect it to be so soon.

I was just 18 and pregnant, how was I going to be a mother to this child?

"I'll give this great news to Jaskier to inform the beast and all of the Kingdom, as soon as possible!" she exclaimed.

"I-I'm afraid not!"

She froze at her spot. I gently stood up, straightening my gown before walking to them both.

"Apart from us three, anyone else knowing about this child, can be dangerous."

"Milady... this something big." The Doctor replied.

"You both have to swear." I whispered, batting my eye lids.

"This secret remains between us, till I figure out how to protect this child."

I pressed my lips, looking up with dignity.

"Bu-But, this baby would certainly promote you to be Queen. It's being centuries and no one succeeded to this level. Why choose to hide it?" Cassandra asked.

"Apart from the pawn girls who hate me, I have a lot of enemies from other ranks, Cassie." I said. "People try to end my life on daily basis. Now a child? They wouldn't spare it, I'm sure of that."

"I have to handle this carefully. And until I start showing, please do this for me. This baby should be a secret."

They nodded, before bowing their heads. "Your wish is our command, My Knight."

I sighed in relief that minute.

The doctor wrote down some things I shouldn't take during pregnancy with an ink. And the days I should summon him for a check-up.

He left with Cassandra, leaving me to the peace of my room.

"My Lady." A knock reverberated through.

"Who is it?"

"Me Felicia." she answered. I immediately wore my garments clearing every hint that I was pregnant.

"Come in."

I said, knowing I needed her help to know more about the myth of King Teta.

...

I went back to the isolation arena to see Emily afterwards. After pondering a lot, I decided not to tell her too. Because it seemed like after what had happened, we weren't even in good terms.