49. By your Side

*Song to be played when a picture of two girls turn up*

~A Letter Written in the Castle Five days to the Districts' Plagues~

Dearest Felicia,

                         I hope you're happy with the current situation of the castle. Very sure you know who this is, and believe me when I say, I'm not asking for anything.

Just want to know if you remember those pies mama made us, as kids?

     If she were here today, I doubt she'd be happy at the way things turned out.

We couldn't find the chest and... I got greedy.

     Forgetting my own sister, my own blood. And, I'm sorry. I regret my doings, Felicia.

Not asking you to forgive me, but, please don't let me die in the hands of Ava.

                     Yours truly,

                        Francesca.

~A Letter Replying Francesca's Will and Intent~

Dearest Francesca,

                              My twin, ex-friend and sister. I remember the pies mum made. I also noticed you failed to add the weather ( a sunny and warm day)

     That minute, I wished things remained that way. A small happy family of four. We used to be united, you know. Till mum's illness and the choosing.

     Sometimes I ask myself, why you became like that– evil. Was it because of the legend or you chose to... wanting that power for yourself, making us no more than stones to each other.

     You tried eliminating me and if  Lydia wasn't by my side, I could have been six feet under. But just so you know, I'm not like you.

I hate to say I'll help you retain your neck.

                Yours truly,

                                 Felicia.

Ava's POV

"Are we there?"

I asked hurriedly, as we walked in the depths of the ship.

"Not yet, my Queen. Still not feeling the energy yet." Nynaeve breathed out immediately.

Ever since that day I told her we'll cheat, we did more of going straight to the point with what we had to do.

The rest could wait until when this is indeed solved.

"Was bringing 500 guards necessary, Ava?" Alcander asked in a sarcastic sly tone.

"Ask your brother that."

I breathed out, rubbing my belly.

That silenced him. Caspian had asked him a favor to protect his bride and that's what caused these interactions.

Alcander had the ability to teleport, but we didn't use it because it could bring complications to the baby.

"I'm hungry,"

A squeaky voice let out. Everyone in the room looked towards where it currently came from.

Piper.