6. Cicilia

"All my life, I have never been touched by a man. I've remained clean and chaste" - Ava Goodchild

...

Slow, steady breaths of confusion.

Looking at everywhere and everyone like they were foreign.

This was the exact feeling that coursed through me, the instant we walked outside.

I could see Lydia from where we were positioned. It seemed like they had been watching us, because she stood with her head up high, with the results.

"Welcome to the second phase, Ladies,"

She let out.

"That respectable title is used but don't let it get to your heads as you're still pawns. The real games start from here and only five of you, would be entitled to be with the beast."

"I mean, getting a chance to christen his child,"

"But according to your houses, the remaining 100 would be grouped for The Great Dance tonight. Do not refrain from enjoying yourself tonight, it's a party for you,"

She outstretched her hands towards us, saying.

She directed her assistant who came forward with the results in her hands.

I noticed her assistant looked a lot older than her, with a scar on his face. It seemed like she had been burnt in an accident or by someone in the past.

But I simply focused on what she had to say.

"Total amount of the uncompetitive casualties-399,"

She announced.

"Total amount of people remaining; 101,"

Her assistant retreated back, beside Lydia.

I watched as Knight Lydia inhaled, watching the girls closely.

"This means only one of you have to be eliminated in this round."

She immediately retreated to the high walls with the guard, blowing a whistle.

"Begin!"

She yelled.

But no one made a move to start. Instead, the girls frightfully watched each other's back carefully.

No one was quite sure what to do.

Although, everyone knew only a single person had to be eliminated, so we were simply watching each other's back.

A sudden yell made me lock hands with Emily.

A girl suddenly hit a girl beside her at the back of her head. This impact caused her to fall on the floor.

She then stroke the back of her head with a heavy plank, obviously one of the weapons.

Piper hastily held my hands.

"C-Can't anyone s-stop her?"

She asked, in a weak voice.

"I'm afraid not,"

I whispered in response to her.

By now, lots of blood were splattered all over the places. With the girl's screams, echoing all over the room. The struggle continued until she no longer breathed anymore.

Everywhere grew cold, the instant we realized she was dead.

"Well, well...we got a brave one here, indeed,"

Knight Lydia came forward saying.

"Look at me, girl."

She said.