23. Historical Witch Nynaeve

*Song to be played for chapter*

King Caspian

"Milord, I summoned the seer already. She is present, should I bring her in?"

"Yes, Jaskier."

I replied immediately. I knew to put an end to this insanity, I had to re-hear the prophecy. I needed to know what the Moon Goddess had in store for me. What she had in store for my mate. What she had in store for my Kingdom.

How she intended to punish me, for my past sins.

The door opened, jeering me out of my thoughts. I stood up immediately, taking in the presence of the Historical Witch Nynaeve.

"To whom do I owe this honor? The beast himself, summoning me?"

She remarked slyly, as she made her way inside my Royal office. Her lengthy ox-blood gown, sweeping the floor just behind her.

"You know why I send for you, Nynaeve. Over the years, we've worked hands together protecting my dynasty."

I answered, standing up to pay respect.

The seer was a brown-skinned, with dark lips. Her face coated in ancient engravings, with white chalks.

She had lived through time, and was terribly old.

However, her portions kept her ever-glowing and young.

"Straight to the point, King Caspian."

"What do you want from me, after these years?" she asked, settling on a seat.

"I need to know what you see, Nynaeve."

I stated.

Her hands outstretched towards me.

"It all comes with a price, My King."

I immediately opened my drawer, bringing out pieces of gold and throwing it to her. She caught it, handing it to some rat in her bosoms.

She was always the one to do creepy things.

"Tell me."

I ordered. She smiled, showcasing her white sets of teeth. Surprisingly they were still that way. Thanks to her portions, anyway.

"It's being hundreds of years you know. I suspect the Moon Goddess has changed her course."

Nynaeve let out, drawing some shapes on the office board with a chalk.

She sprinkled some salt on her vicious circle, placing a crystal ball in the middle.

Then suddenly, her eyes changed into dark purple.

A horrid look was worn on her face instantly.

I got rid of my coat in impatience. Standing up, and pouncing my movements towards her instantly.

"So? Do you still see the war?"

Dark tears begin to flow from her pupils.

"Worse."

"This is so much darker and worse."

"Tell me!"

I urged, holding the sides of her arms as she was held in trance.

"What do you see?"

"A war, a very bad war with lots of killings and bloodsheds."

"I see the end of districts. I see the end of this dynasty. I see a man, consumed with evil."

"With an intent to destroy everything you've worked so hard to build. In the name of power."

"And? What can we do to stop it?"