13. Stay With Me

I was thankful when the beast fell into my hands, sleeping.

His hair, dangerously covering a part of his forehead. Chiseled jaw and a smooth face, which had some beard around his chin. He reminded me of the way an Adonis was described, in one of the books I read back at home.

Home.

I missed home.

I found myself drifting back to reality, and giggling a bit at the way he snored while he slept.

For someone as powerful and good looking, he was a disaster in bed.

What are you doing, Ava?

You should be making your way out instead of admiring him...

"I need to go,"

I whispered, pushing him off my body with all my strength and rolling him over. The girls would soon wake up, and I wouldn't want any mixed feelings about this.

"Stay."

His hands suddenly tightened around my hands saying.

"W-what, I have to—"

"Please stay...don't leave."

He trailed out sleepily, with his eyes closed. There were beads of sweat on his forehead. And his lips were slightly parted, like in distress.

I wondered if he was having a bad dream.

"They all want power."

"They all want it,"

"But...I don't care."

"I want love. I want to recover. I want to improve... if you would give me a chance to."

Caspian shuddered as he said those words, trembling with tears going sideways as he slept.

"Please don't leave. Don't hate me, like the others. Don't be fake too?"

"I can't control my monster but I didn't mean harm. I didn't mean to hurt anyone, I promise."

"Please stay..."

"Stay."

At his every word, I cringed my eyes in hurt. I sat on my spot, with tears coming down my eyes at how he presently looked.

It seemed he was traumatized from something that happened in the past.

From an incident, from someone. And I wanted to help him. I wished I could save him. If he had an explanation for all this dystopia, like he drunkenly said.

Then I wanted to be his redemption.

His mate.

"I will stay,"

I muttered, placing my other hand on his which covered his large palms.

"I won't leave, I promise."

My hands tightened around his hands, saying.

Didn't know if felt like I meant those words.

...

I didn't get to eat breakfast.

I had missed it, since the beast summoned me to his chambers. Thus, I wore my cloth, taking a hold of my sword and my sheath.

I walked to the training ground, only to meet them assembled.

Thankfully, they hadn't started yet.

Still quite shaken from what I had witnessed, I had a hard time focusing on reality. Thinking of the sight of Caspian at his most vulnerable moment, made me rethink everything else I had thought of him to be.