58. A Message From the Beast

*Song to be played when Caspian's beast is mentioned*

Ava's Pov

"The district wars are upcoming. Right now, a plague of suffering is spreading out. I need help." – Ava King (The Queen)

" – Ava King (The Queen)

...

King Teta's body was brought around the palace, by the few people who believed he should have a burial.

Even the people he ruled, forsook him.

His body thrown out of the sea, the minute he stopped breathing.

"Father,"

My mate let out, with a saddened expression. It was directed at his pale body, which lay near the furnace for cremation. With Alcander, who had rushed from the Kingdom, the minute he heard the news.

We had wanted to eliminate him, because of his cruelty. But I understood that at the end of the day, he was still Caspian's father.

"You always wanted power, forsaking even the family you made." Caspian continued. "In your hands were the blood of hundreds of girls. The blood of innocent virgins, and lastly... our mother."

"Our own mum, Lady Archer."

Alcander continued, with tears surrounding his eyes in hurt.

"You made your own sons, not even know if they should feel happy or sad at the fact that you're gone

"You made your own sons, not even know if they should feel happy or sad at the fact that you're gone." he added truthfully.

After the annunciation of the ex-King's burial, scanty people showed up. Didn't blame them. From what I witnessed, Teta was a hated person.

"Goodbye, King Teta." I added, going to intertwine my hands with Caspian's.

"I hope you learn from your mistakes, wherever you might be."

Caspian stated, with a blank, yet pained expression. In his eyes were something almost like regret. Maybe it had to do with the fact that he didn't tell his late father some things.

Or asked him, why some of his actions were how they were.

"Let's go, Ava." he rushed out, with an arm around my waist. "Burn his body after my brother's last goodbye, Nynaeve."