57. A Kingdom's Fear

Ava's Pov

"My aim was to bring peace, wanted to avoid the foretold war. In the bargain for amity, everything seems to be falling apart." – Ava King {The Khalayan in disguise}

...

"W-what?!" I yelled, running to the chest which was tucked safely at the room's corner.

It was surprisingly opened, almost like the lock had been picked.

How?

Why didn't I even see her do this?

"Where is she now?"

Caspian yelled, at the hesitating guard.

"The sea took her,"

At his words, I sat slowly on the bed in total shock.

"And King Teta?"

"Gone, milord." he answered. "His lifeless body was thrown at the shore of the sea. The dwellers made it clear that he didn't belong with them to be buried inside—"

"We have to figure out a way to get Piper." I pressed my lips firmly saying, determinedly.

"B-but my Queen, the villagers are dying—"

"I want my Piper!!!"

I yelled angrily, with streaks of tears occupying my eyes.

"Ava, you need to calm down."

Caspian closed the distance, whispering in my ears. I felt his warmth, yet his wolf couldn't synch with mine. His mark on me had even disappeared, so there were no electricity or soothing sensations like before.

"Summon Nynaeve."

Caspian told him, with his hands intertwined with mine.

"She left after the beheading of the ex-Knight and ex-Rook—"

"I don't care!! Just get some gold coins and summon her from wherever she is!!!"

Caspian yelled at the guard, snapping his fist. He hurried out hastily to deliver the message. As he did, I stood up from the bed, walking to the window.

Chaos.

Villagers were running to and fro, just like I had dreamt of.

"Ava..." Caspian trailed, in a protective expression.

He walked to me, putting a hand around my growing bump. Don't know if it had to do with his beast gene...our baby was fast in growth, unlike that of humans.

"Our Kingdom, Cas. This is every King or Queen's nightmare..."

"I know," he answered, still holding me closely.

His touch didn't give me the mate pull I wanted, yet... it was beginning to feel comforting.

I turned to face him, raising my gaze to his dark ones, which stared at me with curiosity. It was almost like a few seconds ago, he was assured and now he switched back to being confused.

Piper was gone to the storms... yet, I still wanted to comfort this creature in front of me.

Somehow...

"Can I kiss you?" he suddenly asked.

I looked down to his toes, nervously, wondering if we should be doing this.

"How about letting you know that everything would be okay? In spite of the storms, mate."

More tears rolled from my eyes. His both thumbs moved to clean them immediately, rubbing my face softly, as I nodded.

Caspian took my lips, with my thoughts in so much worry.

"I need my wolf back,"

I suddenly let out, determinedly.

"You wish for her?"

I nodded.

"Let's bring her back, then." he stated, lifting me in his hands, in bridal style.

My eyes connected to his silver-grey ones, with a look of trust, knowing why I asked for her. With her, things would be a lot easier.

Lady Archer had said something about me being a Khalayan in disguise... didn't she?

"You have no idea," he whispered. "Of what you do to me, Ava."

My hands wrapped tightly around his neck, as he settled me on the large bed.

"Show me,"

It was strange that I could even be teasing at this moment.

"I want you, so badly, even if you're mine anyway."

He voiced out, licking the crook of my neck with me moaning in exquisite pleasure.

"Hmm..." I purred, with my hands trailing down to unloosen his royal robes.

"This is wrong." he voiced out truthfully. "The Kingdom is falling apart. We shouldn't even be doing this."

"I know, just want her back." I said, referring to my wolf, yet, wrapping my legs around him firmly, running my hands around his back.

The minute my core connected with his, his beast surfaced, sniffling me. Caspian kissed me, coaxing, probing, and I kissed him back with wanting.

"Ahh!"

I cried out, the minute he bit me. I felt a dizzy sensation swoosh me, yet rippled of unsaid pleasure radiating through. It was almost like electricity being ignited; I didn't go unconscious though.

"Hang in there," he looked at the depths of my eye saying.

I made use of a breathing technique, returning my gaze to his, which was coal-black already dilated.

It was surprising I didn't pass out, this time.

Not compared to the last, in which I had been so weak at the point of death...

"Yeah..."

I shuddered, when he widened my legs apart.

"Are you okay?" Caspian asked, noticing my reaction. "Is it our pup? Should I stop?"

"Goodness me, carry on!" I breathed out, with wanting.

He teased my core slowly, massaging the walls of my vulva. I moaned in reaction, and the minute his hardened length entered me, I felt my wolf ignite.

"Fuccckkk..." Caspian seethed, wrapping his hands around my bare butts. I was still very much clothed, apart from the raised part of my gown.

"Yesss...!"

I made out. He growled, and his beast surfaced once more, pouncing into me speedily. Almost like its life was on the line.

Didn't even know the exact words to describe the sensations I was having. Him, making love to me, was just like a magical mixture. Of pain, pleasure, electricity...something that left me wanting.

"Ava..."

"Cas!" I exclaimed too, as he made love to me.

I felt something building, and he softened his paces, at it. My paws dug into his back, drawing him closer.

Caspian's chest rumbled, as his liquid delved in me. My climax synched with his, few seconds after.

The minute it did, his posture surprisingly changed. I was met with something furry like, like in the past.

This time, however, its aura was different.

"You're his beast, aren't you?"

It smirked at me. "Now you see me."

***

If you liked this chapter, support me with some votes 🗳 Do follow my insta @ra_high_eels or fb for my bookish contents❤️😶‍🌫️ Feel free to make your thoughts known...*wink*