42. King

"This is what I've always wanted. Another land, in another world far from being a pawn or Knight; a Queen."
"Still doesn't feel like 'it' though." – Ava Knight.

...
"My Knight."
Cassie had said, bowing happily. I reached out to raise her up instantly, with my hands in hers. "Please grant me the honor of preparing your wedding,"
She looked into my eyes saying, with her curls dancing cheerily.
"Wouldn't that be too much workload?"
"Not a bit! I would be entirely happy to do so!" she exclaimed excitedly. Had no choice but to smile whole heartedly and nod my head, at her request.
From her years in the castle, she definitely had experience in preparing occasions.
"Very well, Cassie."
"Thanks, I won't let you down! It would be perfect to the core," she took my hands saying before disappearing to start the preparations. Caspian and I, decided to have the wedding done tomorrow.
The sooner the wedding, the quicker the revenge.
I had agreed to marry him. In truth, it was not just because of the Queen rank. I wanted to be his wife too, I wanted create a family with him.
A complete family that neither of us had— a happy family.
Thus, I was nervous about what the future held for us. So nervous that I bit my fingers, deep in thought while the palace maid, hustled and bustled around.
"Wife?"
I looked towards the direction the voice came from, right in front of me. "We aren't married yet, My King. A little patience from your side would do,"
His footsteps enclosed towards me, chin up with his dark long hair moving gloriously in a wide and sexy way.
"You became mine from the moment I discovered you were my mate, Lady Ava. And not even ancient rite, will stop me from calling you what I want,"
He stretched his hands in a 'v' shape the moment he enclosed the distance by my side. I tucked my hands in his, giggling at his words.
"Is it just you, or all Alpha males are arrogant?"
"Arrogant?"
"I'm afraid, yes." I answered.
"With me, that might not be the right choice of words. Thinking of the pride we have in the mating bonds, I'd say we are dominant, especially in situations that has to do with our mates." Caspian answered, as we walked.
"Still something I'll have to figure out," I voiced out.
"Why? You'll have to admit that you liked that about me, milady."
"How you growled at me with substantial power? Not a chance. But loving me, sparing me a glance each day, that certainly won my heart, My King." I truthfully replied.
"Why choose to fall for me then, if my charms equate my dominancy?"
My cheeks instantly reddened at his words. My hands begun to fan myself, as I felt my entire body hot from being caught on guard.
"I prefer not to answer that, My King. Instead, I'll be excused to find a befitting dress for the royal wedding tomorrow."
I said, untucking my hands from his walking to go, when he took my hands. Dragging me into his arms, with a hand firmly wrapped around my waist.
"Not so fast."
"W-what are you doing? People are watching, you sure don't want them to think their King and soon-to-be Queen has lost civilization," I said, worriedly.
"Then let them watch. We'll change the rules anyway, being allowed to hold your soon-to-be wife whenever you want." He said, drawing me nearer, in a way that I could feel his length. "However, I want."
I breathed in fast paces, entranced from his hardness. My pupils dilated, but I controlled myself as soon I could that minute. It took me long before I could realize that I didn't even know anything about him, except that he was the beast, he had a villain father, a mother who was late, with a brother and sister.
We had been so caught up in the chaos of the castle, that we didn't even do half of what lovers did.
Caspian moved in to kiss me, but I looked the other way that instant.
"Denying your husband, the pleasure of kissing you, Lady Ava?" he snickered.
"I believe we have enough time to for that, My King. How about we try keeping our hands to ourselves and finding out more about each other just for today?" I answered, with a smile.
A look of awe appeared on his face. "What more could you possibly want to know about me? I know everything about you, down to your surname, mine."
Surname?
"What's yours?" I asked immediately.
"Is this a dream, Lady Ava? If it is, please wake me up, from my slumber." he sarcastically let out.
"I'm afraid not, my King. I do not know." I said, chuckling.
I nodded my head firmly at his words. "Come with me,"
"B-but I have to go for my measurements, milord! We can't post pone it as it will be too late." I protested, as he dragged me.
"Would have Nynaeve take care of that. Besides, what makes a wedding better than an enchanted dress, from a trusted witch?"
I stopped my words, realizing he was right. This was necessary. Knowing about him, down to core. His surname, everything.
I was surprised the minute he halted his footsteps. Widening my eyes at the fact that it was a place that was off-limits for me, all through my stay in the castle.
The Royal Library.
"Am I entering with y-you?"
I stuttered asking. "Yes, my love."
"Isn't this off-limits for females?" I reluctantly said, as he pulled me in with him.
"By tomorrow, you'll be able to decide that as Queen."
His hands let go of mine, walking ahead and crossing his hands behind him nobly. I could feel my heartbeat thud frantically, at that discovery, knowing Lady Archer couldn't do that during her tenure.
Was happy he was considering making the Kingdom rights, as King and Queen equal.
I immediately paced to meet up with him, smiling so widely as I looked at the numerous books, stacked in the shelves. I've never felt a freedom as greater as this.
Not when my village, treated me like an outcast, for seeking knowledge as a female.
"So many books,"
I went after him, happily climbing the stools and running my hands through them. Even saw the one that helped me in defeating Lydia, teaching me a great deal of skill.
It was locked once more, though.
Caspian halted in front of a stack. From how brown the insides looked; they were really ancient. His hands moved to open one.
"King,"
"What?" I asked.
"King is my surname, Ava."
I wriggled my brows as how possible that was.
"This dynasty started as a village, long time ago, before I was born. The monarch they elected, my great grand father bore the name, King. Which we carried till date."
"I see."
"Please do not forget." he asked, while I pressed my lips together in embarrassment.
"I sure won't." I seethed, climbing another one of the stools to reach for another book stack.
I immediately lost balance. Caspian moved to catch me in his hands.
My heart skipped a bit, the sooner I landed, entranced by just looking into his silver grey.
His hands tucked a loose hair, behind my ears before enclosing his lips with mine.
Electricity swindled past my entire body the minute he did. I uncontrollably pulled him closer, feeling my wolf surface.
"Keep our hands to each other, you said?"
...
Hi there, sorry for the late updates. I know I said Friday but my day was really busy and it skipped my mind. Promise to make the next Monday exact.
Hope you leave your thoughts, lovelies🥺🥺
You know where the ahead chapters are🦋🦋