26. The Evil Twin

My eye brows cringed as I wondered what was going on between them both. Felicia looked so angry as she walked away from Rook Francesca.

I shifted in my spot, when she cussed out loud, stomping her feet angrily.

“This can’t be right.”

I told myself, wondering.

Could Francesca be up to no good again?

Was she planning to eat from her?

Oh no…

I had to do something.

The moment these thoughts imprinted on my mind; my hands reached for the door. I hastily walked out of my room, only for my gaze to connect to Francesca’s.

“Lovely day, isn’t it?”

I sarcastically said, waving to her with a look of mockery with my chin up.

“Stay away from my business, Ava.” she snorted, before jamming the door shut.

Her business?

I wouldn’t be staying away if I wanted to see the girls alive.

I ran after Felicia, but she was too fast. Seemed like that brief between Rook Francesca and I slowed everything.

“Felicia!”

I tried to call her from wherever it is, she was hiding, but she didn’t reply.

Thus, my wolf decided to show up to help. I sniffled the air, trailing her scent which led me to a room which seemed more like a deserted place. I didn’t remember ever been here.

An old room, with lots of dust, brown shelves and scattered pieces of woods on the floor.

Right ahead was Felicia, sitting on one of the chairs in her working assistant gown.

“Hey.”

I let out. She looked up, widening her eyes in surprise. Quickly, she wiped the tears off her face, which held her years of experience with the wrinkles spread across.

“Ava…? My apologies, Knight Ava?” she corrected, asking. “What are you doing here?”

“I…um, wanted to know my duties as the new Knight. Was hoping you’ll reach out to me.”

I thoughtlessly let out.

I mean, that wasn’t the reason I followed her down here?

“Oh my! My apologies, once again. I will be with you shortly if that’s okay.” she answered.

She stood up, dusting her lower skin which the gown attached to.

“Would go get the Book of Rules.”

I eyed her closely as she attempted to walk past me and get going. Inhaling in readiness to confront her, I held her arms back.

On the spot, her eyes bolted. I looked down to her lips which trembled softly.

“W-what are you-- do you need something else, Lady Ava?”

“That evil Rook…she’s threatening you, isn’t she?” I asked immediately.

“Milady w-what? I have no idea of what you’re talking about.”

Felicia responded, attempting to gently pull herself out of my grip. It was like she was currently battling with herself, bracing herself up.

Maybe she needed a snap to spill it.

I figured, thus, held her more boldly.

“Lies.”