39. Loving Her

King Caspian’s Pov

Hearing Ava say those words was the most beautiful thing I’ve ever heard in a while. There was this look her eyes held, searching desperately. Her red lips, quivered too. Hands interlocking with mine, almost immediately.

It made me wonder…

Then I realized. From her reaction.

My mate was scared.

She was scared of me, my beast. Of my response to her.

I was quick to remove my shirt, making her wear it before anything. My instinct, to protect her, especially our pup. As we walked side by side, I exchanged it to mine hands wrapped around hers.

“Since when?”

“A few days after you confronted me about the fight with Lydia.” she said, sniffling in addition to those words. I could hear her heave and swallow continuously.

My brows arched at her reaction, only to see subtle tears come out her delicate eyes.

I paused in my movements, raising her chin up to face me whilst I gritted my teeth.

“I know, condemn me.” she uttered sadly, with more tears riding down her cheek. “I did it to protect our pup. Before you say anything, know I’m sorry. I-I just… I don’t know what to say any more than that.”

As she added those words, my hands immediately moved to wipe off her tears.

I hated it when she cried. It broke my heart, every single time.

“Wasn’t about to. You did what you had to do. Just stop this,” I said, continuously wiping her tears.

“S-sure,” she answered, while I wiped the remaining of the tears off kissing her forehead. She closed her eyes, embracing the sensation. My hands crept up to her shoulders, before I pulled her in my arms, hugging her.

And feeling her warmth, every part of her body fit so well with mine. I could see the evidence that we were made for each other, as mates.

And I didn’t want to spoil that.

Something as big as this was kept from me, yet, I didn’t even feel my beast getting angry. Instead, he was sober.

This delicate, but fierce creature… was she softening my beast?

“It makes me happy.”

“What?”

She asked, looking up to me.

“That you’ll think of the safety of our pup, even though I coerced you to this. Even though you never wanted it.”

Even though, you weren’t ready, mate.

“Definitely wasn’t expecting those words, Your Highness. But you’re welcome.”

Ava said with a smile. I chuckled in reaction to her adorability.

“I’m going to be a father! I’m going to be a father, world! Woo-hoo!” I exclaimed while she signaled that I should be silent. My beast let out a growl in joyfulness.

How many? Just how many times did she meet him? To get familiar around him…

He wasn’t happy at all times.

My heart beat faintly at the ray of sunlight that glistened suddenly from the parts the trees didn’t cover, kissing her raven her which turned into obsidian.

“Come with me.”

I took her hand saying.

“To where?”