56. Dark Pasts Forgiven

*Song for chapter above*

King Caspian's POV

Ounces of snow swept from my hair, which flew loosely in the wind. My boots, dug into the floor searching.

I wondered how I got here. There were trees covered in snow. With a gust of wind whistling softly.

"Huh?"

I let out, reflexly at what was ahead me.

It was Mum.

Her face was brighter than usual. Lady Archer was dressed richly, in a burnt orange fine robe. In her head was her usual crown, which sat gorgeously on her crimson hair.

"C-caspian!"

She cried out, rushing to hug me.

I connected them to her silver-grey ones, rubbing the back of my head as to where I was.

"Mum."

I seethed. I was about to make my way to her, when someone stepped out of her back.

"W-who are you?" My voice broke, knowing this could be my greatest fear.

"Big brother."
She let out.

My beast rumbled at her words that minute. Tell her we're sorry. We didn't mean to hurt her.

I will. I will let her know.

I carried on, making my way to the both of them, when mum's eyes widened suddenly.

"Stop, Caspian!"

My brows cringed instantly.

"Why?" I asked.

"You are not supposed to be here. You're not pale like us, meaning you're very much alive. Please go back," she breathed out forcefully.

"Yes, big bro." Veronica let out. I sighed in wonder at how big she had grown. She inherited dad's blonde hair, yet, she was nothing like him.

"I-I can't leave you both?" I swallowed, in hurt, saying. "I just got here. I haven't even touched or hugged you. I haven't told you any of my greatest feelings. Not—"

"Stop, son!"

Mum yelled, when I tried to make my way to her, once more.

"W-we need to go, right now. We can't interfere or there would be cold consequences."

She added.

"Stay."

"We can't. You can't, if we stay, you will be affected. Your ma—"

"Please stay...don't leave."

I looked down muttering, with tears surrounding my eyes.

I howled at them in hurt. I could see them, not feel them, why? Why...

"You have to go back for us, big brother." Veronica breathed out.

"Back there? They all want power." I truthfully stated. "They all want it,"

I added, knowing our enemies were too surplus... None of them were even dead yet.

"But they don't have any idea of how much torture it is to have a beast in me..."

"I want love... I want to recover... To improve, if I'm given a chance to." I continued. "Would you leave like the others? Will you hate me too? I'm a King, yes... but does it mean I shouldn't bear emotions?"

"Or feelings?" I added, narrowing my eyes in hurt.

"Caspian dear..."

She attempted to say, but I cut her off.