01

from now on,  addiction, alcohol, domestic abuse misinterpreted as discipline, self-harm, rape would be in upcoming chapters. This is your warning.

♥*♡∞:。

♥*♡∞:。.。  。.。:∞♡*♥
adelia

If someone said working at a café is easy, they lied. That's a joke, I really enjoy it here, but sometimes the customers aren't very nice.

But I need money, money for mum and Ryan. It'll be okay, I'll be okay when I get them their money for more alcohol.

"Hi," I smile at the guy sitting at the booth.

He looks up at me then moves his attention back to the phone.

Not much of a talker.

"Would you like anything?"

He types something before setting his phone down and looking up at me. He shakes his head. A small smile spreads across my lips from the slight interaction.

"Are you new? Not like a student or anything, duh. But new to this city?"

He stares at me flabbergasted.

Okay, no.

"You don't talk much. Do you?" I whisper now aware of his leg bouncing. "I'm sorry if I'm making you nervous!" His cheeks turned a light red before looking back down at his phone.

Now I'm embarrassing him.

I groan, "I'm sorry. I am really bad at communicating if you hadn't noticed. Or really bad at start a conversation. Or both maybe?"

The corner of his lips quirked up, "That's fine, you're doing a good job,"

"What's your favourite thing to eat and drink?" I ask before adding on, "It can't be anything dirty,"

He shakes his head gently, "I'm not sure,"

"Cookies are my favourite,"

He hums in response.

"And I love water. It's the, you know, survival kit," I'm not to sure where I'm going with this.

"Ah. The survival kit," he nodded his head.

"Yes."

A few seconds we didn't say anything. "Will you come by again?" I blurt.

"I'll come by here again. This place got a whole lot interesting," His phone dinged and I looked away, not wanting to see his conversation with another person.

"I should get going," he mumbles getting up from his seat.

"Oh. Of course! That's not a problem," I smile widely hoping that would cover up my disappointment. My eyes suddenly grow wide when he looks at my clothing.

"Look!" My voice rose in excitement and his eyes darted up to mine.

"You okay? Hurt?"

I shake my head, "No," Yes. "I got this new t-shirt. It's really cool," I start unzipping my jacket but it gets stuck. "Wait, one second," I grumble, fiddling with the zipper.