09

♥*♡∞:。

♥*♡∞:。.。  。.。:∞♡*♥
zeke

"Really?" she asks me.

I nod. I don't like anyone cooking with me, but for some reason, my voice wouldn't allow me to decline. Fuck.

"Uh, never mind, I don't know how to cook." She hesitantly tells me. I tense my shoulders, the worry in her voice reminds me of the accident.

I certainly hate that type of tone.

"Do you want me to teach you?" Her eyes brighten, that smile of hers hit me like the ray of sunlight. I stood there clear-headed.

"You okay?" she asks quickly, rushing over to me. I cleared my throat and nodded.

Stupid fucker Ezekiel.

She put her hands on my shoulder, bringing me back to reality. "Sorry, they seemed so tense I thought they might hurt." She said happily when I ease my shoulders. "Although, I'm not very sure how tensing something could hurt," she pauses, biting her lip to stifle her laughs.

"Tensing something. That's funny," she pauses, "It might take a long time though. I haven't cooked anything for nearly two years."

Why the fuck not?

"Can we make mac n cheese?" she asks, nearly slipping when she tries to spin around with her socks.

"I heard it's easy to make and I wanted to try it for the first time." She whispers. I clench my jaw, the thought of her not eating irritates me.

I nod my head letting her know we can make mac n cheese. "Thank you," her voice was soft when she spoke to me.

I grabbed a pot and handed it to her. I then began picking out the ingredients from the cabinets to make her some mac n cheese. Ever since mum passed, I always cooked for dad and Kayden. Mum was the one who taught me how to cook, I've picked it up from a young age because of her.

Adelia is the first person I let help me in the kitchen

I made a rule.

No one would help me in the kitchen.

And I clearly messed the fuck up.

I'm learning from that rule and now I'm breaking it. For her.

I hand her the pasta we are going to use; she grabs it smiling excitedly at me. I watch as she follows my instructions. She gets the kettle, her arm wobbling as she lowers it to the pot.

I know she is capable of doing that, but it still frustrated me knowing it could harm her.

"Good?" she asks, and I nod. Her body bounces up and down in anticipation.

"You know my ex boyfriend used to call me Cookie," she blurts, facing me with heated cheeks. "I called him a muffin because I was hungry. Then it was popcicle stick. Then it was sushi. I like food,"