16

♥*♡∞:。

♥*♡∞:。.。  。.。:∞♡*♥
adelia

I'm barely getting by.

I miss Zeke and my friends.

Ever since I came home a week ago, my body has been sore.

Yes, from my hip.

And from the fists of my own mother and stepfather.

Not mention the bottles of beers and when I've got thrown around by Ryan.

I tried explaining, I really did. But it was no use, she told me I asked for it, that I always craved for that attention. I don't remember anything else after that, except for the fact that I passed out. I woke up on the kitchen floor past midnight and the house was a disaster. I heard mum throwing dishware in the room we kept locked up but thankfully, I don't remember anything else.

I haven't texted anyone either, no matter how much I missed them.

Not Zeke.

Not Ajax.

Not The Smiths.

I was too afraid of even walking out my own door, but I was petrified of staying in the closed walls of something I was supposed to call home.

So today, a week after everything happened, I had the guts to walk out the door.

I wore tight black leggings to hide away the awful bruises and scratches that was made by my own family, and something to cover my arms where glass bottles of beer dug into my skin, leaving marks. And with some makeup, I was able to cover a decent amount of cuts from my face. I must admit, I've gone pretty good at it.

Not something I should be proud of but I am.

"Hi Ajax!" I put on a smile on my face as I walk into the cafe, a smile spreading across his lips as he walks towards me.

"How you holding up?" he asked, checking my face for injuries. I feel awful knowing he knows about what happened in the alley, now I know he must pity me.

I don't want anyone to pity me.

"I'm doing great!" I say proudly, even though I can barely walk straight.

He nodded, but he knows I'm not telling the truth."Ezekiel came in here a few times,"

"Oh," I whisper, "did he need anything?"