03

♥*♡∞:。

♥*♡∞:。.。  。.。:∞♡*♥
adelia

"Really?" It sounded more like a whisper. I'm not even sure why I'm so happy about it. I guess it's because I've been waiting nearly a whole week for someone to compliment it.

He shrugged, "Yeah, I guess."

I blow out my cheeks, "You guess? My shirt is fricking awesome. Any complaints?" I wait a few seconds for him to speak but he doesn't.

"Good."

"Good," He repeats.

"Thank you for the cookie," I bend down, picking up the box of books I dropped dramatically, duh, and continued to walk to Mrs Smith. I look to the side, concerned since he didn't reply. I sighed in relief knowing he was still there, alive.

"Do you want to watch a movie with me?" I drop the box of books in front of Mrs Smith. I turn to him for an answer but find him shaking his head. I nod understandingly. "Mrs Smith, meet my friend Zeke,"

She turns around, a grin spreading across her face. "We aren't friends," Zeke confirms with a shake of head.

"He's lying, he is just being dumb," I challenge his glare.

"I'm glad you have a friend Adelia, you don't have much," she points out, I flush in embarrassment. Why is she lying?

"She's lying, I have many friends,"

"Like who?" he mumbles, tilting his head slightly.

"Your mum."

He hums, nodding. "And my bartender that I actually have kids with. Plus Jamie," I add. I have no idea who any of them are.

"Oh! I have Chase too!"

"Right, how is Chase?" Mrs Smith asked, a concerned look spreading across her face.

I shrug, "I'm not sure really, I hope he's okay though,"

I turn back to Zeke when she hums. "Do you want to come to my house?" I realise I sounded like I was picking him up or something. "For fun, not like to you know,"

He looks down at his watch, no emotion on his face whatsoever. He shakes his head. Does shaking his head mean no? Probably.

"That's okay! Another time, maybe?"

He stares at me.

"I'll take that as a yes. In that case, I'll need your number!" I don't give him time to decline because I grabbed my phone, already unlocking it.

I switch our devices, typing my name in the contact after I put my number in. He gives my phone back, I smile at what he named himself. Zeke. That's it actually. No emoji, nothing.

"I'll see you later, Zeke!"

He just walks away, not glancing back at me. Seems like I am capable of making friends. Dad would be proud of me, and mama and Ryan got it all wrong.