1864= the begining

At the Salvatore home. 

Katie was walking out from her bedroom when her father stopped her.

"Katie." Giuseppe (sorry for the spelling)
Greeted her.

"Yes father?" Katie replied back.

"Have you seen your brothers and our guest?"

"No not today father, sorry." Katie smiled and walked out the door into the garden.

That's where she seen Stefan Damon and Katherine, playing with a football.

"Father is looking for the three of you." Katie made her present clear.

"Hello Katie." Katherine tipped her head.
"Katherine you don't need to bow." Katie giggled pulling Katherine into a hug.

"What did father want?" Stefan asked as Damon gave me a hug.

"Didn't tell me much Stefan, he just asked for where you guys are." Katie stood beside Katherine.

"Anyways I'm going to the garden of flowers, see you all later." And with that Katie was gone with her basket for the flowers.

"We better go find our father Katherine." Stefan excused himself.
"If you would excuse us." Damon added on also waking away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Katherine's pov

I sighed as I made my way to the little greenhouse filled with herbs.

As I got there I seen Pearl placing some herbs back.
"Katherine, to what do I owe the pleasure." Pearl greeted me.

"Where is Emily Pearl?" I demanded.

"Katherine, Emily knows what she is doing why could you possibly need her?" Pear questioned

"It seems I have taken a liking to Katie, it would be far too late to put vampire blood in something for her to drink so I need Emily to prevent her from dying tonight." I let out a breath.

Pearl smirked.

"Well it appears miss Emily is on her way now." Pearl pointed to Emily heading towards them but not before she took a glance and Katie in the flower field.

"So what's the problem?" Emily asked.
"I need you to stop Katie from dying tonight." I stated.

"I might have an idea for that, I need her blood tho." Emily started.
"Katherine you need to get me some of her blood."

"On it." I then walked out and towards Katie in the flower field.

I had grown to like Katie in the past while and I think we could be friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katie's pov

I was in the flower field picking all the flowers I loved and put them in my basket.

I was in my own world when Katherine came walking over to me.

"Careful you don't get your dress dirty." Katherine joined me.

"I won't." I placed a flower in Katherine hair.

I was finishing up when I pricked my finger on a thorn of a rose.

"Ouch." I exclaimed.

Katherine grabbed the rose for some reason and held onto it.

"See you around Katie." Katherine waved and then marched off the the... greenhouse?

I ignored it and walked over to the water stream and sat on a bench near it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katherines pov

I grabbed the rose and rushed to the greenhouse.

"Did you get it?" Emily asked.
"Yes, she pricked her finger in a rose so I brought you the rose." I handed the rose to Emily.

Emily mixed some powder that look almost like Crushed rock and mixed her blood into and started chanting

"Nexus ad saxum ligamen non debet fractum electo donec tempus sit recta linea cum maro"

Emily finished chanting and handed me a tiny bottle of something.

"Make sure she drinks this before sundown, that will finish the spell." Emily packed up her things then left.

"Good luck." Pearl peeped.
"Thanks." I sighed and started walking to find Katie again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I seen Katie looking amazing in the sunlight as I made my way over to her.

"Hello Katie." I smiled.
She motioned for me to sit down so I did.

"Hello Katherine." Katie smiled back.

"I want to be friends Katie, but I have a big secret and you have to promise me that nothing will change" I looked at Katie seriously.

"Promise." Katie replied back.

"First drink this because you might need something after." I said handing her the bottle Emily gave me.

She slowly chugged the bottle then set it down.

"Continue." Katie sounded nervous.

I explained to Katie about being a vampire and safe to say she is shocked.

"Promise me Katie." I said in the verge of tears.
"Of course Katherine. Your my friend and you trusted me enough to tell me this so I will not repeat to a single soul." Katie then hugged me as she walked back to her bedroom.

I the let out a few tears.

Katie considered me a friend, that's what's making me so emotional as I had never had a friend who cared so much. Sure I had Pearl and Emily but Katie was different.

" I'm so sorry Katie." I mumbled before walking to Stefan bedroom.