Suitors

Mystic falls Virginia, 1863
March 2nd
Katie

I sit in the carriage with my best friend Cassandra, we were heading in to the village to prepare

"I can not believe my father is making me attend the ball of my future husband to make it final!" I exclaimed to the woman infront of me.
She continued to glance out of the window.
"Do not worry Katiana." She told me firmly.
"Please Cassandra, call me katie.the time is stressful." I sighed looking out of the window.

"He seems polite katie, he does have money... your father is...well your father so I simply think there shall not be a way out." Cassandra looked towards me.

"It must be an act Cassandra, I have never met a suitor kind before. They all acted kind infront of my father."

The carriage stopped and me and Cassandra walked out catching the eyes of 2 extremely lower class boys.
Cassandra was just gone 17 while I was 15 going 16 at the end of the year.

"Good evening lady's!" The boys approached us as we did a slight bow.
"Good day." Me and Cassandra said at the same time.

Then Stefan walked up to me.
"If you'll excuse me, I need my sister." Stefan brought we a bit away. "Excuse me a moment." I smiled.
"Yes Stefan?" I asked my older brother.

"I found out about the ball being held tonight, are you alright?" The middle Salvatore asked me.
"Yes stefan, there shall be no such harm at this ball." I tried to convince myself.

"Stefan, I must get back to Cassandra." He nodded as I walk away.
"She is spoken for." I hear Cassandra say. "If you both will excuse us. Cassandra, we must hurry." I told her as we walked away.

Time skip

I was now ready for the ball and Cassandra came up to my room.
"I told your father I was to help you get ready." She chuckled looking at me.
"You look beautiful Katie." Cassandra smiled towards me.
"Why thank you."

"I must go!" I sighed getting up as Cassandra followed me

"brothers." I bowed slightly as me and Cassandra made it down the stairs.
"Hello father."
"Katiana." My father said in his usual stubborn tone.
"Goodbye Cassandra." I smiled hugging her as she left and me and my father and brothers entered the carriage.
After a short ride we had arrived infront of the home, it was fancy and a home more for higher class. It was decorated lovely and people were everywhere.
"Katiana, behave." My father warned squeezing my arm, he left go and my arm went red.
"Yes father..." I gulped as we opened the door and I linked arms with my brothers.

I was wandering around meeting people every while. I had one thing I wished to do and that was avoid santos.

That wish didn't last long, as santos approached me.
I slightly bowed to be polite and be kissed my hand.
"Katiana, I have been searching for you." He smirked.
"And i you!" I lied smiling. He grabbed my hand and let me away from our area.
I seen Stefan and Damon talking and Cassandra?

I sent a look of help between the 3 of them and they looked at my situation.
"Mother father, this is Katiana." Santos introduced me to his parents...
I bowed slightly and they looked at me.
"Good evening Katiana." They told me sternly. Santos went to the top of the stairs and got everyone's attention.

"May I have your attention everybody, I would so love to introduce you all to my soon to be wife Katiana Salvatore!" He smiled as I held a smile towards everyone.

Cassandra

I knew I was invited to the ball but I only decided to go when I figured what it was for. I entered the home and seen Stefan and Damon.

"Do you know Katie's where abouts?" I asked her brothers, "santo's is her Suitor, he held this ball to introduce Katie." Damon growled.

Just then we seen Katie and santos walk by, she gave me stefan and Damon the help me look.

"This is a disaster!" I exclaimed.
"How old is this santos?" I questioned Stefan, I needed to know.
"He is almost 24 I Believe..." stefan didn't sound too proud telling me his age.
I started to breathe faster.
"9 years older..."

"I heard from Katie that father was also thinking of a 54 year old man, Walter." Stefan also told me.

Then my attention went to the head of the Stairs where we seen Katiana and santos... that name makes me sick.

Third person

Santos then pulled Katie in and kissed her.
"We shall be married in the up coming months and you all are invited to our wedding." Santos announced and Katie's face turned in horror as did Cassandra.

When they left Katie rushed to her brothers and Cassandra.

"I can't do this." Katie held in her tears. "Katie..." the voice of her father came from behind her.
"Yes father..." she turned around and went off with her father.

"Father...I thought we were to be married in the next year..." Katie was nervous to speak to her father. Her father slapped her across her face.
"I've decided you will be married next month!" The salvatores father announced.
Katie left to Stefan and Damon crying, they got in the next carriage Available.

In the carriage

Katie was sat beside Damon and was crying in his arm.
"I cannot Believe I'm getting married next month..." she sobbed.
"Katie, we will help you, I'm not saying we can prevent the wedding but we can help you in every way we can..." Cassandra rubbed Katie's shoulder sitting back.

"I mean... at least he is younge..." Cassandra tried to tell Katie to make her feel better.
"I do not  understand, I thought everybody was to be married to their suitor by 18...I'm only 15." Katie continued to cry until they made it home. Stefan and Damon helped Katie to her room while Cassandra went home.
"You will be ok little sister." Stefan smiled at me.
"Thank you brothers!" Katie smiled hugging her brothers.