→CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

—

RIKU STARED AT HER LOWLY LIT COMPUTER SCREEN. A variety of mixed feelings brewing in the pit of her stomach, however, none of those feelings showed themselves in her eyes as she continued to look blankly ahead, rereading the words over and over again.

It was the last day of their break, and they just got back home from the island a few days ago. When Riku arrived at her room, she was surprised to see all of her gadgets and technical appliances back in place. Her phone resting on her bed alongside her Nintendo.

Patting his hand on her back, Mr. Akiyama held her stroller in the other, smiling at her. "We wanted to prolong this, but, we figured some stuff out. Your mother and I will be waiting for you downstairs to talk, okay?"

With that, Riku's father handed her her bag before patting her back one last time, then proceeds to descend their home's steps. Leaving Riku with her eyebrow raised, feeling confused but grateful, nonetheless.

After taking a warm, relaxing, WELL-DESERVED shower, Riku arranged all her stuff before heading downstairs to speak with her mother and father.

And boy, Riku did not expect this to be the conversation that they had.

"We know about Koro-sensei."

But...She had a gut feeling.

They were her parents after all. So, despite the shock, Riku chose to remain quiet and let her father continue what he was saying. Plus, seeing how calm her father was being and how her mother was sipping her favorite afternoon Jasmine Tea, Riku assumed it was safe for her to think that they already had their suspicions.

Her parents just needed a confirmation.

And it looks like they got the confirmation they needed because here they are. Sitting together at the dining table with no maid in sight. For privacy, Riku concludes.

If anything, Riku tried to bury her want to smack Koro-sensei's head to the obliterated moon for being too careless. She wanted to scream, how was she going to explain this Karasuma now?

Thankfully, her parents were very much understanding but spent the entire three days discussing what they should do, whether this was acceptable or not, while Class-3E was out...vacationing.

There was only one reason as to why the Akiyamas are where they are now. As to why Akiyama Enterprises was number one in the business. As to why Riku's mother was one of the most sought doctors throughout Asia. As to why Akiyama Riku herself was a young prodigy in the making.