→CHAPTER FORTY

!! WARNING: Mentions of suicide and strong emotions

AFTER ONE OF THE MOST HOT-BLOODED STAREDOWNS OF THE CENTURY, Shiro turned around and left, jumping over the wall of leaves and vines. Just. Like. That. Which pisses Riku off even more, making a move to go after the other but barely managing to pull herself back and focus on the situation at hand.

Itona grew even paler, the sight of veins popping out on his forehead made Riku step back as her eyes widened when one of Itona's tentacles made the move to hit her and her classmates.

"Watch out!"

Riku let out a short breath at Koro-sensei's quick movement to protect them, slapping Itona's untamed tentacle away powerfully with one of his own.

Saliva dripped out of Itona's mouth as he forced himself up, sweating profusely, pain evident in his eyes. Growling like a wild animal that was forced back into his cage, Itona let out a cry as he yelled out and leaped away, leaving everyone in stunned silence.

As they stared up at the sky, Riku turned to Koro-sensei raising an eyebrow.

Their homeroom teacher...looked...kinda...off...If that made any sense.

Koro-sensei looked...drained.

Eyes growing wide, Riku was already on Koro-sensei's backside, bracing herself as she called out, "Karma!" The redhead immediately follows his childhood friend's silent instructions suite as he did his best by grabbing both of Koro-sensei's hand tentacles.

But you see, a 3-meter huge ass giant isn't exactly light.

The two best friends groaned at the weight but were able to miraculously break Koro-sensei's fall off.

"Koro-sensei!" The rest of the crew cried out as they gathered around their homeroom teacher in concern. However, Koro-sensei only let out his signature laugh.

"I'm so tired, I'll rest for a bit." Their teacher said.

"Give him enough space, everyone," Riku instructed gently as she let her body lay on the ground as well with an exhausted huff escaping her lips.

The lavender-haired girl felt a presence laying down beside her, and she had a guess on who it was. Opening her eyes, Riku took a peek to her right to find herself shoulder to shoulder with the guy she held rather...romantic...feelings for.

Riku inwardly flinched at the thought, not quite used to the strong emotions all directed at the red-haired sadist she had for a best friend.