→CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

WARNING ! TRIGGERING THOUGHTS AND MENTION OF BLOOD !

"STOP BOTHERING ME, I SAID I'M FINE." Riku rolled her eyes at her mother who was a sobbing mess, sitting beside her on her hospital bed, her father not far behind -- although his reaction was far different from the crying heap that was her mother.

"Firing him was not enough!" Her father bellowed, his loud voice echoing in her room, causing their family's nurses to flinch. "Just what in the world were you guys learning in P.E class that caused you to have a bruised rib?!"

A rib contusion, also called a bruised rib, can occur after a fall or blow to your chest area. A bruise occurs when small blood vessels break and leak their contents into the soft tissue beneath the skin.

And that's exactly what happened when Takaoka flipped Riku earlier today. After receiving a call from the school, her parents immediately dropped work and came rushing a few minutes after. And boy were they furious when they found out about Riku's incident.

"And how --" Mr. Akiyama whipped around, turning to face an overly-sweating Koro-sensei (in his [terrible] human disguise), his nervous laughter not easing the tension in the slightest. "-- how can you just let this happen?! Don't you know that a bruised rib takes weeks to heal?!"

Deciding it was the best time to butt in and save her homeroom teacher who looked more than ready to drop dead at any moment, Riku said,  her voice monotone, "Dad, it's fine. Director Asano already took care of everything. And Koro-sensei wasn't there when it happened --"

"But still --!!"

"Dad," Riku's voice turned low as her eyes narrowed, effectively shutting her father up. "It was partly my fault anyway. I was using my console during class hours --"

"THAT DIDN'T GIVE THAT TAKAOKA BASTARD ANY RIGHT TO DO WHAT HE DID TO YOU OR ANY OF YOUR CLASSMATES!" Her dad snapped, veins appearing on his forehead as he heaved. His yelling causing everyone to fall silent in the room once more.

Riku closed her eyes and slowly let out a long breath, hoping that no once noticed her small wince as she did so, she didn't want to add any more fire to the fight, so she had to find the right words to say. "Pops. Koro-sensei is not only a great teacher but also a great person. He personally took care of me and my injuries and everything while waiting for you guys."

Mr. Akiyama did the same thing as his daughter, his chest rising up and down at a slow pace as he inhaled and exhaled, calming his pulse and his heart. 

Riku's father then let out a sigh, erasing the worried creases on his face as he sat on the opposite side from his wife, taking Riku's hand in his. "I know, I know." He tightened his hold before sending his daughter a small smile. "I was just worried, and -- and frightened is all."