→CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

—

"AKIYAMA-SAN!" A worried Koro-sensei flew over to where the said girl was situated, Riku was trying to quiet the cries that were stuck in her throat.

"Koro-sensei -- ah --" Riku let out another pained groan, clutching her sore area, but careful not to put too much force with the action. "I'm -- I think I'm good. I'm good --"

"DO NOT SAY THAT YOU ARE OKAY WHEN IT IS CLEAR THAT YOU ARE MOST CERTAINLY NOT!" Koro-sensei cried out kneeling beside the girl as his yellow tentacles flailing around as panic seeped into his shrill voice.

Shit, her ribs hurt like hell, mom isn't going to like this.

Riku felt Koro-sensei's tentacles go over her ribcage, the teacher making sure to be cautious and also making sure that he wouldn't be touching places where he shouldn't.

Riku heard her teacher release a sigh of relief. "No need to worry, nothing is fractured. Just, a very very bad uhm --"

"Bruise?" Riku let out a chuckle, grateful that no bones were broken, and seeing everyone that surrounded her, seeing their shoulders' sagging in ease, she knew they felt the same. LMFAO, they didn't even bother asking how Koro-sensei figured it out.

"As your father, I am very relieved to know that you weren't hurt, dear." Everyone looked at Takaoka like he was some sort of maniac, but then again..he might as well be one. "Think of it as a punishment, I have to be strict after all."

Takaoka grinned that bone-chilling grin. "Simply think of it as me educating you all."

Riku looked at the chubby man incredulously, her violet-blue eyes wide with disgust and a hint of fear. What she sees in Takaoka, was something evil and greedy, even.

Class 3-E had Koro-sensei as their homeroom teacher. A super-being who was experimented on, an octopus-like creature that destroyed the moon and can move at the speed of Mach 20. Which was almost as fast as a rocket, mind you.

But seeing Takaoka right that moment, Riku couldn't help but see what a true monster looked like.

Takaoka Akira was nothing but the devil.

Koro-sensei was still shaking in anger. But Riku could see that their teacher was madder at himself, for not being able to see the chubby man's intentions sooner. For not being able to protect his students sooner.

Riku could see it in his eyes. As if she could hear his thoughts.

I failed them.

And he could do nothing but watch as Takaoka puts the End Class through hell.

Riku gritted her teeth as she continued to do squats alongside her classmates for what seemed like the thousandth time. Her chest, her thighs, damn it -- her whole body felt like it was on fire.