→CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN

TRIGGER WARNING! suggestions of suicide

Most people must have assumed that Riku and Karma had another one of their misunderstandings. A fight like Karma and Nagisa's. Which is why they're not on talking terms now. 

Most people must have also assumed that like most fights, they're going to find a way to work with their differences and talk it out. Because it was Riku and Karma. Karma and Riku They're like a set where you can't find one without the other.

However.

What most people don't know is the fact that both Riku and Karma knew that it wasn't just a misunderstanding. That it wasn't just a whole miscommunication problem that disrupted the whole plot and hindered their happy-ending love story from happening.

They fully understood each other that night.

They made their intentions very clear.

Riku and Karma knew that.

Riku wanted to leave. She wanted to focus on herself and heal. To free herself from the hell she crawled into. She loved him too. He knew that. But what was supposed to be such joyous news, only tasted bitter in his mouth.

But that didn't mean that he didn't miss her. Because he did. He missed her like crazy.

Crazy to the point that he wanted to hurt everyone around him.

Funny enough, the two stood next to each other after the entire Class E changed into their cameo uniforms and spread out onto two different locations on the field.

Karma noticed that a lot. Even when they're drifting apart, the redhead will always somehow find the other not a few feet away from him.

Karma sighed on the rock he perched himself on. Destiny always loves to mock him.

"Steal the other team's flag or wipe them out to win." Karasuma's voice played over neatly through Riku's earpiece as she flipped the knife in different ways. Unaware that Karma was doing the same. "I'll be the referee."

"I'll make calls and watch for zombies and other illegal plays from the midpoint. Aside from that, I'll pretend that I don't know where you're attacking from, so don't worry."

Riku took another knife from her pocket, her hands now full as she awaited further instructions.

"All right. Let our assassination classroom's paintball civil war...begin!"

Riku, like always, immediately took a head start. Turning around and heading straight into the forest. Jumping high and grabbing a tree branch before launching herself into the canopy. 

Karma only spared her a glance.

They might not be talking to each other but Karma was smart enough to know that this is how Riku works best.