→ CHAPTER FORTY-NINE

—

WHETHER IT WAS TO SAVE OR  KILL HIM, the student assassins of Class E decided not to end this assassination mission of theirs. At least, not completely. 

Since the government wouldn't call it off either because Koro-sensei was still considered a threat, everyone decided to compromise.

"I want to respect everyone's feelings, especially now that we've made it through our hardest challenge yet."

Nagisa's words rang in Riku's head as she decides to head out of the classroom. With her all-time favorite chocolate drink in her hand, the lavender-haired girl sighed as she noted everyone's decision.

If we couldn't kill Koro-sensei by the end of the March deadline, we'd graduate from assassination and go back to being plain old students and teacher.

Riku shook her head, tired from the day. Or more like, exhausted from what Koro-sensei had put them through so early in the morning.

Due to Koro-sensei and Kayano's fight, there was nothing but radio silence throughout their semestral break. And while everyone in Class E spent the holidays with friends and family, Koro-sensei had to spend it all alone.

By himself.

With no one to accompany him

Thus the yellow octopus thought it was such a grand idea to dress everyone up for Christmas and New Year's, cramming them both into the month of February. Not to mention all his whining about how not one of his students visited him during their one and only Winter Break.

Riku's steps slowed down as her eyebrows furrowed. 

February...

That's right. Riku's eyes narrowed. One more month.

Not only is their graduation only weeks away, but that means their deadline for their assassination is nearing too. 

Licking her lips that went dry because of the slight chill brought by winter air, Riku stops in her tracks before turning on her heel and walking back up the hill, deciding to head to a cliff. The same cliff where Karma made his stupid joke of an assassination attempt.

Additionally...Riku felt a nervous pit in her stomach. The Oxford College Entrance Exam Results are said to come in any day now...

While everyone took their High School entrance exams, Riku heard stories from her friends about the embarrassing cheer team Koro-sensei had put up...our female protagonist had been fretting over her results.