→CHAPTER FORTY-SIX

WARNING!! panic attack

"To be honest, I was hoping to never talk about my past if I could avoid it," Koro-sensei said after the situation had died down and Kayano's trauma and hurt were acknowledged. "But I see I have no choice."

Riku just finished her call with her dad, him ending it with reassurance that he would do all in his power to help and get what Riku asked for. Koro-sensei turned to face her.

"The past catches up and it catches up quickly no matter how fast you run from it. Isn't that right, Akiyama-san?" The lavender-haired girl wondered why he only asked her, but her homeroom teacher continued by saying: "So don't go scolding your classmates for wanting to know. You, everyone, deserve to know."

Riku felt her phone vibrating in her pocket. For now, she paid no mind to it. Her eyes focused on the yellow-colored teacher in front of her. So he heard me that day. Riku stated to herself. Her phone vibrated once more. And no doubt, even with the commotion earlier, he heard me and my dad.

His addressing her separately right after her phone call seemed to be a way of indirectly telling her: Don't put yourself through unnecessary danger.

But his dot-like eyes seemed to tell her something different.

Don't go through so much for me.

Koro-sensei wouldn't know if Riku was aware of his intentions. He wouldn't even know if she acknowledged them, much less know if she'd listen. Riku only replied to his words with, "I know."

Not a 'yes' or 'no'.

Just 'I know'.

Riku stared right back at him. I know.

"I don't want to lose your trust-- the bond we all share. This past summer, on that tropical island, Karasuma-sensei said of Irina-sensei: The better the assassin, the broader her skill set." Koro-sensei said. "I think that's relevant here."

However, Class-E wouldn't have thought just how relevant the words of Karasuma-sensei will be. Not in Koro-sensei's story. Not in The Reaper's.

"I don't want to lose your trust-- the bond we all share."

Riku had learned long ago that knowing more does not necessarily mean that what you are trying to know is something good. Information and knowledge are a broad scope. To the point that it has countless fields. 

And after being in Class E for the past nine months, after knowing more and more of her classmates-- safe to say she kind of expected the heavy tension in the classroom as Koro-sensei dismissed himself, with Karasuma closely following behind.