→CHAPTER SIXTEEN

—

IT HAS BEEN A FEW DAYS SINCE RIKU'S ABSENCE, although she still had a cold, the lavender-haired girl managed to persuade her mother in letting her attend school today after saying that the fever was more tolerable now and that she would do just fine. And just her luck, it was raining.

"It's great to have you back, Riku!" Kayano happily jumped, smiling at the droopy-eyed girl who just managed to get in her seat. Since Riku was still not in full health, our gamer protagonist wore a clinic mask so that she wouldn't infect any of her classmates.

Clutching her blazer, Riku smiled weakly at the enthusiastic green-head. "Hm, it's good to be back."

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" A certain light-blue-haired boy asked, his eyes filled with worry. "It seems like your fever hasn't died down."

That was true. Her fever hasn't gone away even after downing countless pills and sipping from the hottest soup - Riku only felt like coming here since she already missed out on so much, so many lessons and activities that she has yet to catch up on. She can't afford to miss any more classes.

A voice scoffed, and the little group of three turned their heads to Karma who looked as chill as ever staring at the chalkboard with a bored look on his face. "I wouldn't even try to convince her to go back home, Nagisa-kun. She's too stubborn."

If Riku had the energy she would have thrown the sadistic bastard's body all the way to Mars. But, she doesn't, so she chose to just roll her eyes at him instead. 

Letting out a tired sigh, she hoped that the medicine that her mom made her take was enough to hold her up throughout the day But the continuous pitter-patter of the rain outside was making it incredibly hard. 

The cold weather managed to make its way under her blazer, the slight shiver traveling through her spine as Riku tried to not think of her warm, comfortable bed - and the delicious warm sensation of her mom's chicken soup-

NO!

Riku hastily shook her head to rid her wandering thoughts. She must stay strong, from what Karma had told her, a lot of things have happened  - may it be academic or assassination wise. She can't miss another day.

So Riku inhaled deeply as everyone made their way back to their seats, straightening her back as to get herself ready for homeroom period.

"Don't push yourself too hard." Riku's head whipped around to face Karma, who was still looking at the board with the same uninterested expression before turning to meet the girl's eyes. A teasing smirk made its way to his lips, "We don't want anything bad to happen to our princess now, do we?"