Chapter 36

The next morning all three of us head back to the Cullen's. I didn't get any sleep last night. Knowing someone was in our house also with the fact that we may have been home when they were in here, is just terrifying. I jumped every time a tree hit against the window. It got so bad that i ended up dragging my blanket and a pillow into Bella's room and fell asleep on the floor. It was kind of comforting knowing that Edward was there but my mind never shut off. Which leads me to now, in the Cullen's house, on their couch, half asleep.

Edward was pacing again while everyone else were seated around Bella and I. I currently had my head on Rosalie's lap.

"Was it maybe someone we know?" Alice questions looking over to Edward. He shakes his head before saying "I didn't recognize the scent. It was definitely a stranger."

"Maybe a nomad just passing through?" Esme suggests while holding onto Bella's hand. Edward again shakes his head frustrated. "A vampire passing by wouldn't have left their father alive." Rosalie's says while playing through my hair. I get chills just from the thought and bit my lip. Jasper walks into the room interrupting my thoughts "His scent disappeared about five miles south from their house." He says to Edward before walking over to me. He lifts my legs up before sitting down and placing them on his lap. I love being around jasper. Even without his powers he always just calms me down.

"Someone's orchestrating this." Edward says as he stops pacing.

"Victoria?" Carlisle questions. Great Victoria. again. "I would have seen her deciding" Alice says while shaking her head.

"What about the volturi?" I suggest looking over at Alice. If it was, she would know but she shakes her head and says " I don't think so, I've been watching aro's decisions too."

"So we keep looking then." Emmett says leaning forward while cracking his knuckles. Carlisle nods and says "We'll also take shifts, Guarding the girls at their house."

I hear Rosalie sigh before looking up at her. "Great another protection detail" She says sounding annoyed. I sit up and sigh while putting my face into my hands. The last thing they need right now is to look after us AND try to find this mystery vampire.

"Rosalie" I hear Esme say sternly. I hear Rosalie sigh right as i feel a cold hand start to rub my back. I instantly know its jasper, because of the comforting feeling i get.

"No, she's right. You can't protect me, Becca, watch my dad... ... and search for the intruder. And Watch Victoria, And keep yourselves fed. That's to much." I hear Bella say and look up. I nod with her and say "She's right, We don't need yall hurting yourselves."

"I'm not going to leave yall defenseless" Edward says glaring at Bella. She glares back before saying "And I'm not going to let you starve and besides we wouldn't be unprotected. We have....." She stops herself when an idea comes to her head. I look over at her knowing exactly what she was thinking. We nod to each other smiling slightly.

"What?" Edward questions looking between us. Our Furry Friends.

************************************************************************************************************

So here we are 30 minutes later back at our house. Eddy is brooding against his car while i was sitting on the back of Bella's truck. Bella is currently in the house with Jacob and Paul. I wasn't planning on Paul being involved quite yet but thanks to he's super hearing, he heard over the phone when we called Jake. and yes i got a stern talking to for not telling him as soon as things were happening. Like sorry dude i was too busy having a panic attack.

Edward jumps away from his car and runs to the door right as it opens. Bella walks out with Jake and Paul behind her.

"Whoever it was, He left his stink behind. It'll be hard to miss when we cross it again. We'll handle it from here." Jake says while crossing his arms over his chest. I jump off the truck and slowly walk over to them.

"We don't need you to handle anything. or anyone. We can take care of this ourselves." Edward says just as i make it too them. I stand next to Bella and tug on my sleeves. I can feel Paul staring at me. I look up only to see him nudge his head to his side. As much as i want to be by his side right now, i really need to be over here to support Bella. I send him a sad smile and shake my head before shrugging toward Bella to which he gives me an adorable pouty face back. I giggle before looking back to the other boys.

Jake steps closer to Edward as he say "I could care less what you need." I sigh and shake my head at Paul who steps forward as well. This is not what we need right now.

Edward doesn't even flinch as he turns to look at Bella and says "Alright, we're done here"

"No, you're done here. We're not" Paul chimes in. I rub my forehead and sigh. Oh yeah now's a perfect time to get a headache, thanks brain. I look up only to see Bella has moved in-between Jake and Edward.

"Can yall just stop this. From now on I'm Switzerland, okay?" She says as she tries to push them apart. I look over to Paul with pleading eyes. His eyes soften slightly and he sighs before grabbing on to Jake and pulls him back slightly. Neither of them back down though.

"Oh my gosh guys we aren't expecting yall to throw around a football together or have a tea party okay. There is a lot of problems going on right now. This is just a temporary solution. Can yall at least try?" I finally take a breath when i finish. After a while Edward finally nods, Jacob and Paul are slowly behind.

"Thank you" I say in a soft voice before looking at Bella who sends me a small smile. I smile back before leaving Bella's side and heading over to Paul. I lay my head against his arm and snuggle into his side.

"Are you okay?" I hear him whisper to me before i feel him kiss my forehead. He's been doing that a lot lately, not that I'm complaining though.

I smile and nod. I look up into his beautiful brown eyes and ask the same back. He smiles back at me before saying " As long as you are" This man can have my whole heart. Like honestly ill cut it out myself and give him the whole thing. Or at least half i guess.