Chapter 38

Of course i could hardly sleep last night so i woke up the next morning definitely not feeling well rested at all. Still i managed to get myself up and get myself looking a bit better with some concealer and mascara. I head downstairs and go straight to the kitchen. I wave over to dad before grabbing myself something to eat and sit at the table across from him. My phone starts to vibrate against the table. I looked down at the screen before going back to my food.

"You gonna get that? Seems like somebody wants your attention" Dad questions after my phone went off again. I turn my notifications off before turning it over.

"No its nothing. Just candy crush." I say while shrugging. Who am i kidding he knows its not candy crush. I haven't touched that game since i was 14. Okay so yes maybe i'm avoiding Paul but i'm only doing it for the sake of him. I somehow managed to convince myself that its just this "wolf part of him" that wants me and maybe he actually doesn't like me but he feels he has to. He probably doesn't even like talking to me. Am i feeling very insecure. Yes. Yes i am.

"Hey bells." I hear dad say as i'm picking at my food. She comes over and sits down next to us. "Morning guys." She says while leaning over to grab an apple from the center of the table. My phone begins to ring signaling a incoming call. Great. He's reverted to this. I turn it over to just check to make sure it wasn't mom. She would literally kill me if i ignored her. I stop the ringing after i see the name before placing it back onto the table. I look up only to see both Bella and dad looking at me confused. I smile slightly before taking a bite of my food. Bella looks down at my phone which went off again. She must see all of the notifications because she looks over at me with wide eyes. She reads through some of the text before shaking her head

"Why are you ignoring him?" She asks sounding very angry. I slouch a bit before shrugging. "I'm not ignoring him. I opened one of the messages." I say proudly. She glares over at me before looking down at my phone, which of course just had to start ringing again. She looks at me with a smirk before looking back down at the phone. My eyes go wide as i realize what she is about to do.

"Bella don't you dare! Put it down! Now!" I say while jumping up as quick as i can. She presses a button right as i get to her. She quickly shoves the phone into my hand and says " Just talk to him!"

"Bella no" I whisper slash shout at her before quickly hanging up. Which yes i realize was a mistake considering everything going on right now, but what can i say i panicked. I sigh in relief before glaring at Bella. Meanwhile dad is still at the table, now reading a newspaper, but also watching what's happening with us. We get our ease dropping from him obviously

"Look i know i need to talk to him but just not this minute." I say leaning against the counter.

"Why are you ignoring him? I thought after our conversation yesterday you would be excited to talk to him?" She questions while crossing her arms. I sigh before playing with my nails.

"I was excited, i mean i am excited but i don't know now i just." I stop myself and bite my lip.

"Do you not like him anymore or?" She asks while pulling at her hair. I shake my head fast before saying "Of course i still like him. I guess i just worry he doesn't really like me. Like maybe." I lower my voice after remember dad is still in the room before continuing "This whole imprint thing is what is really making him like me. Maybe that's what is really tying us together and maybe that's why he always hangs out with me?" I finish and take a deep breath. She looks over at me with sad eyes before walking over and wraps her arms around me.

"I get it but let me tell you that you are the most beautiful girl and he would only be so lucky to even have you in his life. Imprint or not i've never seen someone look at someone else like the way he looks at you." She leans back and grabs my hands before continuing "And the way he smiles when you come up in a conversation or when you walk into the room. I think he really cares about you and i think you should follow your heart instead of your mind. I know falling for someone can be scary but with how you act around him i can tell you definitely like him. Which means he's definitely worth the risk. Besides ill always be here to catch you when you need me." She finishes with a smile. I look down with teary eyes before sniffling. I squeeze her hands before pulling away and quickly wipe my eyes. I look up at her and smiling.