Chapter 17

"Your fathers gonna forgive you" Edward says while on the side of the trunk. Bella ignores him and looks ahead. "Why don't you let me drive" He says opening the door. I look over at him crazy. None the less Bella slides over, closer to me. "He wont, you should have seen his face. I told him the same thing my mom told him when she was leaving him." She says looking down sad. "It was the only way he'd let you go. He'll be safe now. The tracker is following us now." Edward says driving to his house.

All of a sudden there was a boom and our trunk shakes. I freak out and look behind us. "Its just Emmett" Edward says. I calm down a little before gripping Bella's hand. Everything is going to be fine. We were going to be fine. I hope.

***************************************************

Once we get to their house we all run inside the house, but freeze when Laurent opens the door. Edward jumps in front of Bella and i pull her behind me. "He just came to warn us. About James." Carlisle says calming us down a little. Laurent sighs before saying "This isn't my fight and I've grown tired of his games. He's got unparalleled senses, absolutely lethal. I've never seen anything like him in three hundred years And the woman, Victoria, Don't underestimate her." Carlisle nods and thanks him. Laurent looks at us apologetic before leaving.

We all head towards the garage. The lights turn on to reveal all of their beautiful cars. I would have mentioned something about them if the situation was different. Everyone springs into action, grabbing supplies, change of clothes and anything else we would need. I begin to load up the vehicle with stuff jasper passes me. "I've had to fight our kind before. We're not easy to kill." Jasper says to Carlisle. "But not impossible. We'll tear him up" Edward says causing Bella to make a face. "We'll rip him apart burn the pieces." Emmett says sounding a little to excited.

"I don't relish killing another creature. Even a sadistic one like James." Carlisle says shaking his head. "That is if doesn't get to one of us first." Rosalie says causing me to stop. I didn't think about that. What if one of them get hurt? I wouldn't be able to live with myself if something happen to them." This is insane" I say walking over to rose. "You guys can put yourselves in danger like this." Bella says from behind me. "Too late" Rose says grabbing my hand. I sigh and look over at Bella, who is looking down. Edward shoots rose a look before grabbing two sets of keys and throws one to Carlisle. "Ill run Bella south, while you lead the tracker away." He says before walking over to one of the cars but Carlisle stops him and says "No, Edward. The tracker thinks you wont leave Bella. He'll follow you." Hes got a point.

"Ill go with Bella. Jasper, Becca and i will drive her south. We'll keep her safe, Edward." Alice says walking into the garage. "Can you keep your thoughts to yourself?" Edward says frustrated. Alice nods, Edward thinks for a minute before finally agreeing. He pulls out Bella's suitcase and throws some of the clothes towards Esme and Rosalie. "Put these on so the tracker will pick up Bella's scent" Rosalie scoffs and drops the clothes "Why? What is she to me?" Carlisle turns around and looks at her "Rosalie. Bella is with Edward. Shes apart of this family now and we protect our family." I give her a pleading look. She glares at the ground before grabbing the clothes and puts them on. I walk over and hug her tight. After her i walk over and hug Esme, Emmett and Carlisle. Alice pulls me away and over to the car. I get in the back beside Bella, who just finished talking to Edward, They both look heartbroken. I grip her hand as we pull out of the garage and lean back my head back. This is gonna be a long night.
****************************************************

It's the next day now and Jasper is driving. Alice is in the passenger seat and Bella and i our in the back currently trying to get in touch with our mom. "Mom, its me again. You must have let your phone die. Anyway, Becca and i are not in forks anymore but we're okay. Just call us back okay." She hangs up and shrugs toward me before looking out the window. I sigh before i begin to play with my fingers.

After a while we finally pull into a hotel. Alice tells us to sleep but i just end up lying in bed wide awake, Bella however is asleep. I sit up and head into the living room, where Alice and jasper are sitting watching tv. I sit down next to them and Alice tells me that she ordered room service for us, so even though i don't feel even the slightest bit of hunger, i try to eat anyway.

A little while later Bella walks out of the room with her phone in hand. She sits next to me and says "I wish he'd call." I sigh and look over at her. " You should eat" I say to her while offering her some food, which she ignores.
Alice freezes all of a sudden and jasper runs over. "What is it? What do you see?" He says while grabbing her hand. "He figured it out. The tracker changed course." Alice says sounding a little nervous. Jasper gets up and quickly looks around before grabbing a pad of paper and a pencil. He puts it in front of Alice and says "Where will it take him?" She grabs the pencil and begins to draw very fast and closes her eyes. "Mirrors. Its a room of mirrors."

"How do the visions work? Edward said they weren't always certain." Bella ask jasper. "She sees the course people are on, while they're on it. If they change their minds, then the visions change." Jasper explains. I nod my head understanding before looking back at the drawing. "So the course James is on now will lead him to a ballet studio?" I ask confused. Why would he go to the ballet studio? Alice's head quickly turns to look over at me "You've been here?" She asks concerned. I nod before saying " Yeah. Bella and i took lessons as a kid." Bella nods as well " The school we went to had an arch just like that" Bella says while pointing at the arch in the drawing.

"Was that school here in phoenix?" Jasper questions looking at us. We nod. "It was around the corner of our house." I say to them causing the two of them to look at each other. I jump when Bella's phone rings. She jumps up and answers it."Edward, are you okay?" She asks trying not to sound nervous. I wish i had vampire hearing right now so i could know what they were saying. Jasper and Alice obviously understand everything and are having a quiet conversation with each other.
******************************************************

So now i guess we are heading to the airport, Alice and jasper are downstairs making sure everything is good, while Bella and i are gathering our things. I lay back on the bed just as Bella's phone rings again. "Its mom" She says before putting it one speaker. "Hey mom, I'm so glad you got Bella's message. We were " I say before i'm cut off by a very worried sounding mom. "Becca, Bella! Where are you?" Bella sighs before saying "Calm down mom. We're okay. Ill explain things later. Mom..Are you there?" Bella says after hearing some rustling on the line. I look at her confused. What happened? But then a voice speaks sending chills through me. "Forks High School doesn't protect their students privacy very well. It was way to easy for Victoria to find your previous address. Its a nice house you two have. I was prepared to wait for you guys but then your mom came home after she received a very worried call from your dad and it all worked out pretty well from there." James says. Tears fall from my eyes as i think about how terrified mom must be right now.

"Don't touch her." Bella yells worried. "You guys can still save her but you're gonna have to get away from your friends. Can you handle that?" He asks in a chilling voice. I nod to Bella not trusting my voice. "Where should we meet you?" She says after a minute. "How about your old ballet studio?" My head pops up after he says that. So Alice's vision was right. "And ill know if you bring anyone else along..Poor mommy would pay the price for that mistake." He says before hanging up the phone. I stand there shocked. Why does he have to bring the people we love into this. I sigh before grabbing my pepper spray dad gave me and also the pocket knife he got me for my birthday one year and put those both in my pockets. I sit down and try to calm my breathing before grabbing Bella's hand and walking out the room.