Chapter 29

While we were all sat there talking, Sam gets a call about Harry Clearwater. Apparently he had a heart attack and sadly didn't make it. And to add on top of that Bella went cliff diving. Lucky Jake managed to get to her in time, which i'm thankful for because i don't know what i would have done if i lost two people. I followed Sam to the beach where Jake and Bella were. I run over to them as Sam yells "Take her home, I'm gonna go help over at harry's place." Jake nods before looking back down at Bella. "What happened at harry's?" Bella asks looking between us. "Harry Clearwater had a heart attack. Charlie and my dad are at harry's place with his family." Jake says causing me to look down.

"Is he okay?" Bella asks nervously. I look up at her, my eyes watering and shake my head. "Hes gone bells." Jake sighs before helping Bella up. "Come on, i should get you home." Jake says helping her over to the truck. I run ahead of them and open the door and help her in before getting in next to her. I give Bella my jacket but she is still shivering, i look around to see if we had anything else to cover her up with. Jake sighs and looks over at her "Hundred and eight degrees over here" He says wrapping one of his arms around her. Bella smile softly before leaning closer to Jake. "God, my hands are freezing. It must be nice, never getting cold." says Bella who is tucked into Jake's arm. "Its a wolf thing" Jake says shrugging. I shake my head and say "No, its a Jake thing. You're just always warm." Jake smiles at me before looking back at the road. "This better. Now that you guys know about me" Jake says as we pull up to our house. "But..." Bella questions pulling away from him. "You saw what happened to Emily. Sam got angry, lost it for a split second and em was standing to close. He'll never be able to take that back. What if i get mad at you? Or Becca?" He says looking down. "Sometimes, i feel like, i'm gonna disappear." He says sighing. Bella sits up and looks over at him."Okay not that you need you need me to tell you this, but i always will. You're not gonna loose yourself. I wont let that happen. We wont let that happen." Bella tells him making me nod. "How?" Jacob asks looking at us. "I'll tell you at the time, how special you are." Bella says leaning closer to him making me look away. Are they really just gonna act like i'm not still in the car?

I open the car door and step out as Bella thanks him. She also goes to get out when Jacob quickly yells for me to get back in the car. "There's a vampire." Jake says making me look around. "How do you know?" Bella questions making me roll my eyes. He's a wolf, obviously he smelt one. "I need to take you two away from here." He says before asking me to get in the car. I ignore him and continue to look around, when i notice it. "Wait. That's Carlisle's car." I say pointing over at the car. "They're back." Bella says jumping out of the car and walks over to me.

"Wait, guys. This could be a trick. Stop!" Jake says getting out of the car and runs over to us. "They wont hurt us." Bella says walking closer to our house. "If a cullen is back here, this is their territory. The treaty says we can only defend our own lands. I cant protect you guys here." Jake says stopping us from moving. "Its okay. You don't have to." I say causing him to glare at me. "You're about to cross a line." Jake says making me glare back at him. "Then don't draw one." I say causing Bella to step in the middle of us. I glare at him once more before pulling Bella over to our front door. I unlock the door and step inside. I flip the light switch and look around "Alice!" I hear Bella say in the living room. I run in to see Alice and Bella hugging. "I saw a vision of you. You jumped off a cliff. Why in the hell would try and kill yourself?" Alice questions anger while pulling away. I lean against the door way and say "Yeah that's what i was try to figure out myself." Alice looks over at me in shock, i send her a small wave. She smiles before looking back at Bella who says "I wasn't trying to kill myself. I was cliff jumping." Alice looks over at her like shes crazy. "Why?" She asks making Bella shrug " It was fun."

*************************************************************

"I've never met anyone more prone to life threatening idiocy." Alice says sitting next to Bella on the couch. I walk in and hand Bella a cup of tea before sitting down across from them. "Does...Did you tell him?" Bella asks looking down. Alice gives her a small smile before shaking her head. "No. He only calls once in a few months. He said he wants to be alone." Alice says before looking around confused. "What is that god awful wet dog smell?" She asks looking at Bella and me. "Its probably us. Or Jacob." I say biting my lip. "Jacob who?" Bella leans forward and takes of her jacket before saying "Jacobs kind of a werewolf." Alice looks shocked and says "Ugh. Guys! Werewolf's are not good company to keep!"

"Speak for yourself" Jake says walking into the room behind him causing Alice to stand up. "I had to see if you were safe." He says looking at Bella. "I thought you couldn't protect us here." I say while standing up as well and glare at him. "Guess i don't care." He says looking down. "Well, i'm not gonna hurt her." Alice says also glaring at him. "No, you're just a harmless cullen. I'm talking about the other bloodsucker, who tried to kill Bella because of you." He says getting closer. "Victoria?" Alice looks back at us confused. I nod and say "Yeah Victoria is back."

"I didn't see her. I didn't see you getting pulled out of the water either. I cant see past you and your pack of mutts." Alice says making Jake say "Don't get me upset." I roll my eyes and walk over to stand between them. "Guys, this is not the time." Alice nods at me before walking past me "Ill give you guys a minute." Bella looks over at her worried and says "Your going to come back, right?" Alice nods and says "As soon as you put the dog out." I giggle and look down before walking into the kitchen with Alice. I walk over to the sink and lean against it. "You're mad at me?" Alice says after a minute of silence. I look down and shrug. "No" She gives me a look. I roll my eyes and says "Okay, maybe a little." She nods before looking at me apologetically. "We had to leave. After what happened at the party, we didn't want it to ever happen again."

"So leaving was the only way? You didn't even tell me." I say interrupting her causing her to sigh. "I'm sorry" She says making me sigh. All of a sudden Alice freezes and looks at me in horror. She looks away before grabbing my hand and runs out the kitchen. "Bella, its Edward. He thinks you are dead. Rosalie told him why i came here?" Alice says causing Bella to look over at Jake confused. "Bella, hes going to the Volturi. He wants to die too." I look over at her shocked.