Chapter 8

"Bella look, look. Its raining!" I say the next morning with a big smile on my face. I love the rain. Back home in Phoenix, it barely ever rained, so needless to say i'm very happy. But Bella however definitely wasn't. I grab my coat and put it on over my new outfit that Alice gave me. I also decided to wear some leggings underneath seeing as it is raining and its also very cold outside.

When we walk outside is when we notice that some of the rain puddles are now frozen. At least i didn't wear heels. I smile and close the door behind me and turn around to see dad pulling into the driveway driving the truck. I smile and wave at him before walking carefully down the stairs. I make it down safely but Bella however slips on a patch of ice. I try to run over to her to catch her but i then also fall down next to her. I giggle as dad runs over to help us up.

"You girls okay?" He asks while helping Bella and i up. "Ice doesn't help the uncoordinated" She says while wrapping her coat around herself tighter. "That's why i got you some new tires." We look over and there was indeed four new tires. " Aww thank you daddy" I say before walking over to hug him. Bella mumbles something before saying thank you as well. I walk over to the passenger side and lean against the back of the trunk and look over at dad. "Ill be late for dinner tonight. I'm heading down to mason county. A security guard at the grisham mill got killed by some kind of animal..." He says slowly trailing off. "An animal?" Bella and i manage to say at the same time. Well i more whispered it to myself while Bella say it more towards him.

"You're not in phoenix anymore, honey. They've been hunting it for a week with no luck so i thought i would lend a hand." He says while getting into his cruiser." Be Careful" I say to him for both Bella and i. " Always am." He says before closing the door and driving off. I wave before getting into the car and buckling up. Off to school we go.
***********************************************************************************************

I walk into art class with Alice by my side. We go to our seats and begin to work on our assignment, Draw a animal, any kind of animal. So i decided to draw a wolf. Wolves are my favorite animal in the inter world. "A wolf?" Alice says questioningly while looking over my shoulder. "Yeah. Wolves are incredible, aren't they. " I say as i add some shading to its ears. I cant tell you when my fascination for them started but i can tell you when i was around 6 years old, I remember begging my mom for this cute wolf stuffed animal. My only reasoning was that she could never actually get me a real one. So why not get me a stuffed one.

"They sure are something." She says before turning back to her bird. I look over at her confused. She sounded kinda weird when she said that , like she was kinda disgusted and also angry. Shrugging i turn back to my drawing and work on it. By the the time class is over we all managed to somewhat finish our drawings. I'm almost out the door when Alice pops up behind me and links our arms. I smile at her as i pull her to my locker. I grab the things i need and stuff them into my bag.We then walk to alice's locker to grab her things. Right as we turn the corner, i notice jasper leaning against her locker. She runs up to him and kisses him on the lips. I smile at them, they are literally the cutest.

They walk hand and hand towards the door with me locked onto alice's arm, the one that's not holding jasper's hand. We stand by their car and talk. I look over to see Bella heading towards the trunk, holding what looked like a onion. I turn back to Alice and jasper to say goodbye when all of a sudden i hear a high pitched screeching noise. I quickly look over to see a van skidding on the ice, heading straight towards Bella. " BELLA!" I scream while running towards her. Tyler, the guy driving the van seems to be having trouble getting it under control. I begin to run faster towards her. I scream when all of a sudden a arm warps around my stomach and pulls me back and turns me around towards them. They lightly shove my face into their neck and hold me tight. I begin to cry and push against them, trying to get out of there monster grip.

"Shes okay" The voice, which i recognize as jasper, says to me while petting my hair. I sob harder before i finally manage to get out of his grip and turn around to look at the scene. I see people running over to the scene and begin to run over as well. "Bella!" I say while jumping over the van to get over to her. I grip her hand and look around. "Did anyone call 911?" I say to the group of people around the car. Some of them nod there head just as sirens start to go off. I look over to see an ambulance pull in and look over at Bella, who does not look happy. I jump into the ambulance behind bella, who they put on a gurney, and hold her hand tightly. Thank god shes okay.
***********************************************************************************************

I'm now sitting in a chair beside Bella, who is still on the gurney, which i know for a fact she doesn't want to be on. The doors bust open and dad runs in looking scared. I get up and wave towards him. He looks over and sees us and walks over. They are checking bellas eyes right now. " Bells. Are you alright?" Dad says when he gets to us. "I'm fine, dad. Calm down." She say looking over at him.

"I'm so sorry, Bella. I tried to stop." Tyler, who is in the section right beside us on a gurney as well. "Its okay, Tyler." Bella says looking over at him.

"It sure as hell is not okay." Dad say looking at Bella then at me to which i give a light smile. "Dad, its not his fault-" Bella is cut off by dad who says " We nearly lost you" I look down feeling my heart break. The thought of losing Bella was unbearable. Id be lost without her. "But you didn't." Bella says looking up at dad. I reach over and grab her hand. "You can kiss your license goodbye." Dad says while glaring at Tyler. I squeeze bellas hand just as carlisle walks into the room. "I heard one of the Chiefs daughters was here." Hes say as he approaches us. "I've got this one, Jackie" Jackie, the nurse, hands the chart to Dr.Cullen and walks away. He looks at the chart before coming closer and feels the back of her head before saying. "You have a nice knot growing back there, but your x-rays show no indication of concussion."

"I'm so sorry Bella. I'm really-" Tyler starts again before dad abruptly pulls the curtains close. "It would have been way worse if Edward hadn't knocked me out of the way." Bella says to Dr.Cullen. I look over at Bella confused. I thought Edward was over by Alice, jasper and me. "Edward? Your boy?" Dad says looking at Dr.Cullen.

Dr. Cullen looks down at the chart quickly. Maybe he was just as confused as i was. " It was amazing he got to me so fast. He was nowhere near me, in fact he was beside you becca, wasn't he?" She says looking at me. I mean shes not wrong but at this point i'm just grateful that shes okay. Dr. Cullen smiles and tells Bella to get some rest and to take it easy before leaving.

We exit the treatment area and go into the waiting room. "I have to sign some paperwork. You should probably call your mom" He says to Bella while scratching the back of his neck. " You told her!? Shes probably freaking out" Bella exclaims to which dad just shrugs. Bella pulls out her phone before she stops and looks down the hall. I go over to see what she was looking at only to see Edward, Rose and Dr.Cullen in what seemed to be a serious conversation. But of course Bella being well Bella she decides to approach.

Edward and her talk for a while before Edward suddenly storms past me and out the door. I give Bella a questioning look. She just shrugs and pulls out her phone again to call mom. Weird.